Nov 5, 2010, 9:12 AM EDT
Ainge has a weekly radio show on WEEI in Boston and — shockingly — backed his player Garnett 100 percent, as transcribed by ESPNBoston.
“There’s one thing that I know for sure, and it’s that KG would not offend cancer patients,” Ainge said. “That makes no sense. It makes no sense on a lot of fronts. Not only is he experiencing it in his own family, but that’s just not something I’ve ever heard — in 30 years — ever say, in trash talking. What is logical in a trash talking situation for a player to say to another player, ‘You have cancer’ or ‘You are cancer’?”
Maybe Garnett could not have used the word cancer at all. Or, maybe since the Celtics were up 25 and Villanueva is an overpaid backup KG didn’t need to get into him about anything.
Whatever. That horse isn’t moving anymore so I don’t feel like beating it.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42