Nov 5, 2010, 9:12 AM EST
Ainge has a weekly radio show on WEEI in Boston and — shockingly — backed his player Garnett 100 percent, as transcribed by ESPNBoston.
“There’s one thing that I know for sure, and it’s that KG would not offend cancer patients,” Ainge said. “That makes no sense. It makes no sense on a lot of fronts. Not only is he experiencing it in his own family, but that’s just not something I’ve ever heard — in 30 years — ever say, in trash talking. What is logical in a trash talking situation for a player to say to another player, ‘You have cancer’ or ‘You are cancer’?”
Maybe Garnett could not have used the word cancer at all. Or, maybe since the Celtics were up 25 and Villanueva is an overpaid backup KG didn’t need to get into him about anything.
Whatever. That horse isn’t moving anymore so I don’t feel like beating it.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5