Nov 5, 2010, 9:12 AM EDT
Ainge has a weekly radio show on WEEI in Boston and — shockingly — backed his player Garnett 100 percent, as transcribed by ESPNBoston.
“There’s one thing that I know for sure, and it’s that KG would not offend cancer patients,” Ainge said. “That makes no sense. It makes no sense on a lot of fronts. Not only is he experiencing it in his own family, but that’s just not something I’ve ever heard — in 30 years — ever say, in trash talking. What is logical in a trash talking situation for a player to say to another player, ‘You have cancer’ or ‘You are cancer’?”
Maybe Garnett could not have used the word cancer at all. Or, maybe since the Celtics were up 25 and Villanueva is an overpaid backup KG didn’t need to get into him about anything.
Whatever. That horse isn’t moving anymore so I don’t feel like beating it.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14