Nov 5, 2010, 9:12 AM EDT
Ainge has a weekly radio show on WEEI in Boston and — shockingly — backed his player Garnett 100 percent, as transcribed by ESPNBoston.
“There’s one thing that I know for sure, and it’s that KG would not offend cancer patients,” Ainge said. “That makes no sense. It makes no sense on a lot of fronts. Not only is he experiencing it in his own family, but that’s just not something I’ve ever heard — in 30 years — ever say, in trash talking. What is logical in a trash talking situation for a player to say to another player, ‘You have cancer’ or ‘You are cancer’?”
Maybe Garnett could not have used the word cancer at all. Or, maybe since the Celtics were up 25 and Villanueva is an overpaid backup KG didn’t need to get into him about anything.
Whatever. That horse isn’t moving anymore so I don’t feel like beating it.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19