Nov 5, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
Seems somehow fitting to have Gilbert Arenas return to the game on a big stage.
Arenas will make his return tonight at Madison Square Garden against the Knicks, according to the official Wizards twitter account.
Arenas missed the end of training camp and the start of the season with a sprained ankle. Tonight marks his return from a 50 game suspension last season due to bringing guns into the Wizards locker room, an incident that also led to legal issues.
Arenas looked pretty good in preseason, playing more of a classic two-guard role next to John Wall.
No word officially, although you’d suspect Arenas will come off the bench for a few games and work his way into game shape. This will mean fewer minutes for Nick Young and eventually Kirk Hinrich will move from starter to gunner off the bench to make room for Arenas.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 9
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 22
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 48
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65