Nov 5, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
Seems somehow fitting to have Gilbert Arenas return to the game on a big stage.
Arenas will make his return tonight at Madison Square Garden against the Knicks, according to the official Wizards twitter account.
Arenas missed the end of training camp and the start of the season with a sprained ankle. Tonight marks his return from a 50 game suspension last season due to bringing guns into the Wizards locker room, an incident that also led to legal issues.
Arenas looked pretty good in preseason, playing more of a classic two-guard role next to John Wall.
No word officially, although you’d suspect Arenas will come off the bench for a few games and work his way into game shape. This will mean fewer minutes for Nick Young and eventually Kirk Hinrich will move from starter to gunner off the bench to make room for Arenas.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 0
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 30
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6