Nov 5, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
Seems somehow fitting to have Gilbert Arenas return to the game on a big stage.
Arenas will make his return tonight at Madison Square Garden against the Knicks, according to the official Wizards twitter account.
Arenas missed the end of training camp and the start of the season with a sprained ankle. Tonight marks his return from a 50 game suspension last season due to bringing guns into the Wizards locker room, an incident that also led to legal issues.
Arenas looked pretty good in preseason, playing more of a classic two-guard role next to John Wall.
No word officially, although you’d suspect Arenas will come off the bench for a few games and work his way into game shape. This will mean fewer minutes for Nick Young and eventually Kirk Hinrich will move from starter to gunner off the bench to make room for Arenas.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 5
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 22
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82