Nov 5, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
Seems somehow fitting to have Gilbert Arenas return to the game on a big stage.
Arenas will make his return tonight at Madison Square Garden against the Knicks, according to the official Wizards twitter account.
Arenas missed the end of training camp and the start of the season with a sprained ankle. Tonight marks his return from a 50 game suspension last season due to bringing guns into the Wizards locker room, an incident that also led to legal issues.
Arenas looked pretty good in preseason, playing more of a classic two-guard role next to John Wall.
No word officially, although you’d suspect Arenas will come off the bench for a few games and work his way into game shape. This will mean fewer minutes for Nick Young and eventually Kirk Hinrich will move from starter to gunner off the bench to make room for Arenas.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 0
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 33
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 21
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1