Nov 5, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
Seems somehow fitting to have Gilbert Arenas return to the game on a big stage.
Arenas will make his return tonight at Madison Square Garden against the Knicks, according to the official Wizards twitter account.
Arenas missed the end of training camp and the start of the season with a sprained ankle. Tonight marks his return from a 50 game suspension last season due to bringing guns into the Wizards locker room, an incident that also led to legal issues.
Arenas looked pretty good in preseason, playing more of a classic two-guard role next to John Wall.
No word officially, although you’d suspect Arenas will come off the bench for a few games and work his way into game shape. This will mean fewer minutes for Nick Young and eventually Kirk Hinrich will move from starter to gunner off the bench to make room for Arenas.
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 3
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12