Nov 5, 2010, 11:03 PM EDT
Andre Iguodala’s 252-game starting streak is in jepoardy.
Iguodala strained his right Achilles tendon during the first half of the Sixers loss to the Cavaliers Friday night and did not play in the second half.
After the game coach Doug Collins said that the injury was not serious. However, Iguodala’s status for Sunday at the Knicks is unknown.
It is also unknown exactly when he suffered the injury, it was discovered at halftime.
Iguodala has averaged 14.4 points per game but has not been as efficient has he had been in past seasons so far this year. Still, he is the best wing player the Sixers have by far and they cannot afford to miss him for long.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37