Nov 5, 2010, 11:03 PM EST
Andre Iguodala’s 252-game starting streak is in jepoardy.
Iguodala strained his right Achilles tendon during the first half of the Sixers loss to the Cavaliers Friday night and did not play in the second half.
After the game coach Doug Collins said that the injury was not serious. However, Iguodala’s status for Sunday at the Knicks is unknown.
It is also unknown exactly when he suffered the injury, it was discovered at halftime.
Iguodala has averaged 14.4 points per game but has not been as efficient has he had been in past seasons so far this year. Still, he is the best wing player the Sixers have by far and they cannot afford to miss him for long.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 4
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 12
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 19
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30