Nov 4, 2010, 6:56 PM EST
Dougie fever continues to sweep the NBA, and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis is the latest one to try and squeeze some publicity out of the dance Cali Swag District introduced to the world. Wizards rookie John Wall’s performance of the Dougie has been the most talked-about NBA Dougie of the year so far, and Leonsis apparently noticed how much publicity the dance can generate.
From Leonsis’ personal blog:
I am here to tell you that about the Washington Wizards. Buy your tickets now, please. Sign up for season tickets. Get in early and own your seats. We will continue to invest in the team and improve the team. We will have star power. We will have an arc of growth. Get in early. See our own home grown and developed stars grow up before your very eyes.
Sorry, I had to get up on a soap box. We need your help. We play this Saturday night. We need and want you to be in attendance. The team plays better in front of a sold out building. Come support the team. Click here. Off of soap box now.
When we have a total paid sellout this season, I will do the “Dougie” – I promise.
Well, if that doesn’t get a sellout, then old people doing dances young people generally do just isn’t the draw it used to be.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)