Nov 4, 2010, 6:56 PM EDT
Dougie fever continues to sweep the NBA, and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis is the latest one to try and squeeze some publicity out of the dance Cali Swag District introduced to the world. Wizards rookie John Wall’s performance of the Dougie has been the most talked-about NBA Dougie of the year so far, and Leonsis apparently noticed how much publicity the dance can generate.
From Leonsis’ personal blog:
I am here to tell you that about the Washington Wizards. Buy your tickets now, please. Sign up for season tickets. Get in early and own your seats. We will continue to invest in the team and improve the team. We will have star power. We will have an arc of growth. Get in early. See our own home grown and developed stars grow up before your very eyes.
Sorry, I had to get up on a soap box. We need your help. We play this Saturday night. We need and want you to be in attendance. The team plays better in front of a sold out building. Come support the team. Click here. Off of soap box now.
When we have a total paid sellout this season, I will do the “Dougie” – I promise.
Well, if that doesn’t get a sellout, then old people doing dances young people generally do just isn’t the draw it used to be.
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58