Nov 4, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
We haven’t seen much of Portland Trail Blazers rookie Elliot Williams, and not we will not until next season.
Williams dislocated his right patella during drills at the team practice facility, according to the Trail Blazers. He will have surgery and miss the rest of the season, according to the team.
Portland took Williams out of Memphis with the 22nd pick in the draft last June. The young swingman is filled with potential but looked like a rookie and struggled with his shot during the preseason hitting just 2 of 16 shots and missing all seven shots from three.
He had not played in any of the Trail Blazers five regular season games.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 7
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10