Nov 4, 2010, 6:06 PM EST
We haven’t seen much of Portland Trail Blazers rookie Elliot Williams, and not we will not until next season.
Williams dislocated his right patella during drills at the team practice facility, according to the Trail Blazers. He will have surgery and miss the rest of the season, according to the team.
Portland took Williams out of Memphis with the 22nd pick in the draft last June. The young swingman is filled with potential but looked like a rookie and struggled with his shot during the preseason hitting just 2 of 16 shots and missing all seven shots from three.
He had not played in any of the Trail Blazers five regular season games.
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 12
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 5
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 36
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 44