Nov 4, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
We haven’t seen much of Portland Trail Blazers rookie Elliot Williams, and not we will not until next season.
Williams dislocated his right patella during drills at the team practice facility, according to the Trail Blazers. He will have surgery and miss the rest of the season, according to the team.
Portland took Williams out of Memphis with the 22nd pick in the draft last June. The young swingman is filled with potential but looked like a rookie and struggled with his shot during the preseason hitting just 2 of 16 shots and missing all seven shots from three.
He had not played in any of the Trail Blazers five regular season games.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37