Nov 4, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
We haven’t seen much of Portland Trail Blazers rookie Elliot Williams, and not we will not until next season.
Williams dislocated his right patella during drills at the team practice facility, according to the Trail Blazers. He will have surgery and miss the rest of the season, according to the team.
Portland took Williams out of Memphis with the 22nd pick in the draft last June. The young swingman is filled with potential but looked like a rookie and struggled with his shot during the preseason hitting just 2 of 16 shots and missing all seven shots from three.
He had not played in any of the Trail Blazers five regular season games.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7