Nov 4, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
We haven’t seen much of Portland Trail Blazers rookie Elliot Williams, and not we will not until next season.
Williams dislocated his right patella during drills at the team practice facility, according to the Trail Blazers. He will have surgery and miss the rest of the season, according to the team.
Portland took Williams out of Memphis with the 22nd pick in the draft last June. The young swingman is filled with potential but looked like a rookie and struggled with his shot during the preseason hitting just 2 of 16 shots and missing all seven shots from three.
He had not played in any of the Trail Blazers five regular season games.
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 0
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 16
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 29
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 11
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 31