Nov 4, 2010, 8:01 AM EST
UPDATE Nov. 4, 8:01 am: Collins explained what happened to the Philadelphia Daily News after the game:
“I had another one of those bouts that I had the other day,” said Collins, who spent the second half lying on the trainer’s table in the locker room. “I can’t take my medicine on days of games because it makes me so tired. We’ve had the back-to-backs [Tuesday in Washington, then last night] and I had about 3 hours of sleep last night, watching Cartier Martin’s shot go in about 300 times. The doctor feels very good that he’s going to be able to monitor my medicine and stuff and I’ll be back Friday [for a game against Cleveland, after an off day today].”
Nov. 3, 9:56 pm: Doug Collins did not come out of the locker room and missed the second half of the Sixers first win of the season Wednesday night due to signs of vertigo, remnants of a concussion he had suffered months ago.
Collins missed a couple Sixers preseason games as well as some practices for the same reason this year.
Collins suffered a concussion on Memorial Day weekend when he slipped and fell in a coffee shop, hitting his head on a table. He had symptoms this summer, which relapsed during the preseason then again tonight. When the symptoms came up again in October he went and saw a neurologist in the Philadelphia area.
The Sixers next games are against Cleveland at home on Friday and on the road against the Knicks on Sunday. No word on if Collins will be available for those games.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14