Nov 4, 2010, 8:01 AM EDT
UPDATE Nov. 4, 8:01 am: Collins explained what happened to the Philadelphia Daily News after the game:
“I had another one of those bouts that I had the other day,” said Collins, who spent the second half lying on the trainer’s table in the locker room. “I can’t take my medicine on days of games because it makes me so tired. We’ve had the back-to-backs [Tuesday in Washington, then last night] and I had about 3 hours of sleep last night, watching Cartier Martin’s shot go in about 300 times. The doctor feels very good that he’s going to be able to monitor my medicine and stuff and I’ll be back Friday [for a game against Cleveland, after an off day today].”
Nov. 3, 9:56 pm: Doug Collins did not come out of the locker room and missed the second half of the Sixers first win of the season Wednesday night due to signs of vertigo, remnants of a concussion he had suffered months ago.
Collins missed a couple Sixers preseason games as well as some practices for the same reason this year.
Collins suffered a concussion on Memorial Day weekend when he slipped and fell in a coffee shop, hitting his head on a table. He had symptoms this summer, which relapsed during the preseason then again tonight. When the symptoms came up again in October he went and saw a neurologist in the Philadelphia area.
The Sixers next games are against Cleveland at home on Friday and on the road against the Knicks on Sunday. No word on if Collins will be available for those games.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 19
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 71
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14