Nov 4, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal could play Friday night when the Chicago Bulls come to Boston.
Or, he could sit out all four games of next week’s road trip, which includes a rematch with Miami.
Doc Rivers and crew simply don’t know when he’ll be back, as he told ESPNBoston.com.
“He’s not going to play (Wednesday night) and I don’t know if he’ll even play on this upcoming trip,” said Rivers. “We don’t know that, but just watching him move, he didn’t move very well [during Wednesday's team walk-through].”
Shaq has a bruised knee from when it collided with Amar’e Stoudemire last Friday night during the Celtics win.
In the three games he played, Shaq gave the Celtics 8.7 points and 5.3 rebounds in 20 minutes a game. He wasn’t spectacular, he was just solid. Jermaine O’Neal got the start Wednesday nigh and had 5 points and 7 boards in 25 minutes, before fouling out in overtime. The Celtics really need both of them to provide depth on the front line.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona