Nov 4, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal could play Friday night when the Chicago Bulls come to Boston.
Or, he could sit out all four games of next week’s road trip, which includes a rematch with Miami.
Doc Rivers and crew simply don’t know when he’ll be back, as he told ESPNBoston.com.
“He’s not going to play (Wednesday night) and I don’t know if he’ll even play on this upcoming trip,” said Rivers. “We don’t know that, but just watching him move, he didn’t move very well [during Wednesday’s team walk-through].”
Shaq has a bruised knee from when it collided with Amar’e Stoudemire last Friday night during the Celtics win.
In the three games he played, Shaq gave the Celtics 8.7 points and 5.3 rebounds in 20 minutes a game. He wasn’t spectacular, he was just solid. Jermaine O’Neal got the start Wednesday nigh and had 5 points and 7 boards in 25 minutes, before fouling out in overtime. The Celtics really need both of them to provide depth on the front line.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 4
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4