Nov 4, 2010, 9:44 AM EST
Shaquille O’Neal could play Friday night when the Chicago Bulls come to Boston.
Or, he could sit out all four games of next week’s road trip, which includes a rematch with Miami.
Doc Rivers and crew simply don’t know when he’ll be back, as he told ESPNBoston.com.
“He’s not going to play (Wednesday night) and I don’t know if he’ll even play on this upcoming trip,” said Rivers. “We don’t know that, but just watching him move, he didn’t move very well [during Wednesday's team walk-through].”
Shaq has a bruised knee from when it collided with Amar’e Stoudemire last Friday night during the Celtics win.
In the three games he played, Shaq gave the Celtics 8.7 points and 5.3 rebounds in 20 minutes a game. He wasn’t spectacular, he was just solid. Jermaine O’Neal got the start Wednesday nigh and had 5 points and 7 boards in 25 minutes, before fouling out in overtime. The Celtics really need both of them to provide depth on the front line.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)