Nov 4, 2010, 9:44 AM EST
Shaquille O’Neal could play Friday night when the Chicago Bulls come to Boston.
Or, he could sit out all four games of next week’s road trip, which includes a rematch with Miami.
Doc Rivers and crew simply don’t know when he’ll be back, as he told ESPNBoston.com.
“He’s not going to play (Wednesday night) and I don’t know if he’ll even play on this upcoming trip,” said Rivers. “We don’t know that, but just watching him move, he didn’t move very well [during Wednesday’s team walk-through].”
Shaq has a bruised knee from when it collided with Amar’e Stoudemire last Friday night during the Celtics win.
In the three games he played, Shaq gave the Celtics 8.7 points and 5.3 rebounds in 20 minutes a game. He wasn’t spectacular, he was just solid. Jermaine O’Neal got the start Wednesday nigh and had 5 points and 7 boards in 25 minutes, before fouling out in overtime. The Celtics really need both of them to provide depth on the front line.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 6
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13