Nov 4, 2010, 9:44 AM EST
Shaquille O’Neal could play Friday night when the Chicago Bulls come to Boston.
Or, he could sit out all four games of next week’s road trip, which includes a rematch with Miami.
Doc Rivers and crew simply don’t know when he’ll be back, as he told ESPNBoston.com.
“He’s not going to play (Wednesday night) and I don’t know if he’ll even play on this upcoming trip,” said Rivers. “We don’t know that, but just watching him move, he didn’t move very well [during Wednesday's team walk-through].”
Shaq has a bruised knee from when it collided with Amar’e Stoudemire last Friday night during the Celtics win.
In the three games he played, Shaq gave the Celtics 8.7 points and 5.3 rebounds in 20 minutes a game. He wasn’t spectacular, he was just solid. Jermaine O’Neal got the start Wednesday nigh and had 5 points and 7 boards in 25 minutes, before fouling out in overtime. The Celtics really need both of them to provide depth on the front line.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5