Nov 4, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
NBA fans will have plenty of chances to see Derrick Rose on TV playing basketball this season, but Rose fans who were hoping to see his acting chops on display are out of luck. Rose was supposed to film a cameo on CBS’ “The Good Wife” recently, but according to Nick Friedell of ESPN Chicago, Rose ended up oversleeping and missing the shoot:
Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose said he missed a scheduled shooting of his cameo appearance on the television show “The Good Wife” because he “overslept.”
The New York Post reported on Wednesday that when a car showed up at Rose’s suburban Chicago home on Tuesday morning to drive him to the airport for a flight to New York where the show is filmed, no one came to the door. After waiting for a while, an unidentified man finally appeared and said Rose would not be going to New York.
“I overslept,” Rose said after Thursday morning’s shootaround. “It’s nothing big or anything like that that I thought of. You can ask anybody that I worked with: Was I a problem on set or did I have a problem showing up? I always showed up early. I’m sorry I missed it. That’s not my character where I ‘big time’ that type of show.
“If anything, I would love to be on that show. But I overslept, and they put a whole ‘nother twist in the story that they heard they were ringing the bell, or somebody came out and said [I] wasn’t going in a disrespectful way but it wasn’t [anything] like that.”
Rose said that he woke up at about 10 in the morning, which would have meant he wouldn’t get back to Chicago until 10 that night. The New York Post reported that Rose’s absence disrupted the show’s shooting schedule, and that all the show’s actors were on standby for the absent Rose.
Rose’s Bulls will be on national television four times this month. If he really did stand up the cast and crew of The Good Wife, those might be the only chances a national audience will get to see Rose in prime-time.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (61)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay