Nov 4, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
NBA fans will have plenty of chances to see Derrick Rose on TV playing basketball this season, but Rose fans who were hoping to see his acting chops on display are out of luck. Rose was supposed to film a cameo on CBS’ “The Good Wife” recently, but according to Nick Friedell of ESPN Chicago, Rose ended up oversleeping and missing the shoot:
Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose said he missed a scheduled shooting of his cameo appearance on the television show “The Good Wife” because he “overslept.”
The New York Post reported on Wednesday that when a car showed up at Rose’s suburban Chicago home on Tuesday morning to drive him to the airport for a flight to New York where the show is filmed, no one came to the door. After waiting for a while, an unidentified man finally appeared and said Rose would not be going to New York.
“I overslept,” Rose said after Thursday morning’s shootaround. “It’s nothing big or anything like that that I thought of. You can ask anybody that I worked with: Was I a problem on set or did I have a problem showing up? I always showed up early. I’m sorry I missed it. That’s not my character where I ‘big time’ that type of show.
“If anything, I would love to be on that show. But I overslept, and they put a whole ‘nother twist in the story that they heard they were ringing the bell, or somebody came out and said [I] wasn’t going in a disrespectful way but it wasn’t [anything] like that.”
Rose said that he woke up at about 10 in the morning, which would have meant he wouldn’t get back to Chicago until 10 that night. The New York Post reported that Rose’s absence disrupted the show’s shooting schedule, and that all the show’s actors were on standby for the absent Rose.
Rose’s Bulls will be on national television four times this month. If he really did stand up the cast and crew of The Good Wife, those might be the only chances a national audience will get to see Rose in prime-time.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 1
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)