Nov 4, 2010, 9:32 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:32 pm: Tests showed Williams has just a bone bruise. We say “just” but those things hurt. Still, no structural damage and while he will sit out Friday he could be back as soon as Sunday.
4:33 pm: The undefeated Atlanta Hawks will be without starting forward Marvin Williams for Friday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Williams injured his right knee while fighting for a loose ball with Detroit center Greg Monroe on Wednesday night, and will have it examined on Thursday afternoon.
The former #2 overall pick is averaging 10.8 points, 6 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game this season.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20