Nov 4, 2010, 9:32 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:32 pm: Tests showed Williams has just a bone bruise. We say “just” but those things hurt. Still, no structural damage and while he will sit out Friday he could be back as soon as Sunday.
4:33 pm: The undefeated Atlanta Hawks will be without starting forward Marvin Williams for Friday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Williams injured his right knee while fighting for a loose ball with Detroit center Greg Monroe on Wednesday night, and will have it examined on Thursday afternoon.
The former #2 overall pick is averaging 10.8 points, 6 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game this season.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 10
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85