Nov 4, 2010, 9:32 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:32 pm: Tests showed Williams has just a bone bruise. We say “just” but those things hurt. Still, no structural damage and while he will sit out Friday he could be back as soon as Sunday.
4:33 pm: The undefeated Atlanta Hawks will be without starting forward Marvin Williams for Friday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Williams injured his right knee while fighting for a loose ball with Detroit center Greg Monroe on Wednesday night, and will have it examined on Thursday afternoon.
The former #2 overall pick is averaging 10.8 points, 6 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game this season.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 0
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 40
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44