Nov 4, 2010, 9:32 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:32 pm: Tests showed Williams has just a bone bruise. We say “just” but those things hurt. Still, no structural damage and while he will sit out Friday he could be back as soon as Sunday.
4:33 pm: The undefeated Atlanta Hawks will be without starting forward Marvin Williams for Friday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Williams injured his right knee while fighting for a loose ball with Detroit center Greg Monroe on Wednesday night, and will have it examined on Thursday afternoon.
The former #2 overall pick is averaging 10.8 points, 6 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game this season.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34