Nov 4, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com, Heat forward LeBron James did not participate in Thursday’s practice because of a shin bruise James suffered while the Heat were playing the Nets last Sunday:
LeBron James sat out the Miami Heat’s practice Thursday with what he calls a deep right shin bruise. But coach Erik Spoelstra plans to start James on Friday night when the Heat take on the undefeated New Orleans Hornets.
JamesJames suffered the injury last Sunday in the Heat’s victory at New Jersey. He played through the injury Tuesday when he put up 20 points and 12 assists against the Minnesota Timberwolves. But he stayed mostly on the perimeter and had his first game with no rebounds since his rookie season.
“Right now every time you kind of flex your foot, it kind of flares up,” James said. “We’re doing everything possible to get it back to 100 percent.”
The Heat have back-to-back games this weekend, so we’ll see if James’ shin turns out to be any kind of factor on either Friday or Saturday. LeBron has been averaging 20.4 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 7.2 assists so far this season.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13