Nov 4, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com, Heat forward LeBron James did not participate in Thursday’s practice because of a shin bruise James suffered while the Heat were playing the Nets last Sunday:
LeBron James sat out the Miami Heat’s practice Thursday with what he calls a deep right shin bruise. But coach Erik Spoelstra plans to start James on Friday night when the Heat take on the undefeated New Orleans Hornets.
JamesJames suffered the injury last Sunday in the Heat’s victory at New Jersey. He played through the injury Tuesday when he put up 20 points and 12 assists against the Minnesota Timberwolves. But he stayed mostly on the perimeter and had his first game with no rebounds since his rookie season.
“Right now every time you kind of flex your foot, it kind of flares up,” James said. “We’re doing everything possible to get it back to 100 percent.”
The Heat have back-to-back games this weekend, so we’ll see if James’ shin turns out to be any kind of factor on either Friday or Saturday. LeBron has been averaging 20.4 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 7.2 assists so far this season.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 8
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12