Nov 4, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com, Heat forward LeBron James did not participate in Thursday’s practice because of a shin bruise James suffered while the Heat were playing the Nets last Sunday:
LeBron James sat out the Miami Heat’s practice Thursday with what he calls a deep right shin bruise. But coach Erik Spoelstra plans to start James on Friday night when the Heat take on the undefeated New Orleans Hornets.
JamesJames suffered the injury last Sunday in the Heat’s victory at New Jersey. He played through the injury Tuesday when he put up 20 points and 12 assists against the Minnesota Timberwolves. But he stayed mostly on the perimeter and had his first game with no rebounds since his rookie season.
“Right now every time you kind of flex your foot, it kind of flares up,” James said. “We’re doing everything possible to get it back to 100 percent.”
The Heat have back-to-back games this weekend, so we’ll see if James’ shin turns out to be any kind of factor on either Friday or Saturday. LeBron has been averaging 20.4 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 7.2 assists so far this season.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20