Nov 4, 2010, 2:36 PM EST
Sure, they lost their last two games by a combined 74 points. Sure, they are 1-4. Sure, they can’t even successfully execute a low five.
But the Timberwolves are not that bad. Really. Well, maybe they are but Kevin Love doesn’t think so, as he told the Star Tribune.
“I couldn’t have said this with 100 percent honesty last year: We’re way better than this,” Wolves forward Kevin Love said. “We know we are. We’re way, way better than this. It’s heartfelt and upsetting to see where we’re at right now.”
The Wolves do have more raw talent than last year. Minnesota may not have Miami/Orlando talent, but they have some. Problem is in the NBA everybody has talent. It becomes about how that talent fits together and how that talent is used. Is the organization getting the most out of that talent?
Minnesota? Not so much. They have just re-signed Darko Milicic and his 18.2 field goal percentage and 1.86 PER getting 21 minutes a night, just a few less than 17 and 11 Kevin Love. It’s all about fit and usage.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 4
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 7
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31