Nov 4, 2010, 9:27 AM EDT
I guess we’re doing this now. It’s not like we are 19 months and basically two full NBA seasons away from the USA Basketball camps where the team for the London Olympics will be chosen. We’re asking now who wants to go.
Count Dwight Howard in. Asked by the Orlando Sentinel if he was going to play in 2012 Howard give the answer you expected him to give.
“I’ll probably play. Of course,” Howard said. “It’s another chance to represent our country.”
This comes a day after Kobe Bryant said he was in (although he was at least asked by the coach, Mike Krzyewski, on his national radio show). There will be some tough choices for Coach K as he has a couple teams worth of guys who can go there and do the job and he has to whittle them down. I think we really do need to start worrying about this now. Not like it’s 19 months away or anything.
May 5, 2015, 12:30 AM EDT
But the Knicks will have the higher pick.
May 5, 2015, 12:00 AM EDT
That one worked out OK.
May 4, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Popovich still hates the rule.
May 4, 2015, 9:43 PM EDT
Derrick Rose’s 25 points led the way for Chicago.
May 4, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
May 4, 2015, 8:11 PM EDT
Doc Rivers says Paul will not play.
May 4, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Curry thanked basically everyone. I mean everyone.
May 4, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Nobody thinks Gasol is leaving Memphis anyway.
May 4, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Curry is different from most MVP winners.
May 4, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
This is the battle we’ve been waiting for since training camp.
May 4, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Nor should he
May 4, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
Look for LeBron to try and post Butler up to draw help.
May 4, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Neither of these guys is used to being matched up on a big as athletic as they are.
May 4, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
Spurs coach echoes Doc Rivers. Can they get the rule changed?
May 4, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT
…after singing Paul’s praises
May 4, 2015, 1:44 PM EDT
What would that rule be?
May 4, 2015, 1:09 PM EDT
Finally! I’d been on the edge of my seat
May 4, 2015, 12:33 PM EDT
Pick and John Wall’s pass led to Otto Porter’s crunch-time layup
May 4, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com casts unintended vote for Russell Westbrook, places Anthony Davis higher than planned
Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years
May 4, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
LeBron James finishes third
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 16
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 22
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10