Nov 4, 2010, 9:27 AM EST
I guess we’re doing this now. It’s not like we are 19 months and basically two full NBA seasons away from the USA Basketball camps where the team for the London Olympics will be chosen. We’re asking now who wants to go.
Count Dwight Howard in. Asked by the Orlando Sentinel if he was going to play in 2012 Howard give the answer you expected him to give.
“I’ll probably play. Of course,” Howard said. “It’s another chance to represent our country.”
This comes a day after Kobe Bryant said he was in (although he was at least asked by the coach, Mike Krzyewski, on his national radio show). There will be some tough choices for Coach K as he has a couple teams worth of guys who can go there and do the job and he has to whittle them down. I think we really do need to start worrying about this now. Not like it’s 19 months away or anything.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 7
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 13
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20