Nov 4, 2010, 9:27 AM EST
I guess we’re doing this now. It’s not like we are 19 months and basically two full NBA seasons away from the USA Basketball camps where the team for the London Olympics will be chosen. We’re asking now who wants to go.
Count Dwight Howard in. Asked by the Orlando Sentinel if he was going to play in 2012 Howard give the answer you expected him to give.
“I’ll probably play. Of course,” Howard said. “It’s another chance to represent our country.”
This comes a day after Kobe Bryant said he was in (although he was at least asked by the coach, Mike Krzyewski, on his national radio show). There will be some tough choices for Coach K as he has a couple teams worth of guys who can go there and do the job and he has to whittle them down. I think we really do need to start worrying about this now. Not like it’s 19 months away or anything.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42