Nov 4, 2010, 9:27 AM EDT
I guess we’re doing this now. It’s not like we are 19 months and basically two full NBA seasons away from the USA Basketball camps where the team for the London Olympics will be chosen. We’re asking now who wants to go.
Count Dwight Howard in. Asked by the Orlando Sentinel if he was going to play in 2012 Howard give the answer you expected him to give.
“I’ll probably play. Of course,” Howard said. “It’s another chance to represent our country.”
This comes a day after Kobe Bryant said he was in (although he was at least asked by the coach, Mike Krzyewski, on his national radio show). There will be some tough choices for Coach K as he has a couple teams worth of guys who can go there and do the job and he has to whittle them down. I think we really do need to start worrying about this now. Not like it’s 19 months away or anything.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4