Nov 4, 2010, 9:27 AM EST
I guess we’re doing this now. It’s not like we are 19 months and basically two full NBA seasons away from the USA Basketball camps where the team for the London Olympics will be chosen. We’re asking now who wants to go.
Count Dwight Howard in. Asked by the Orlando Sentinel if he was going to play in 2012 Howard give the answer you expected him to give.
“I’ll probably play. Of course,” Howard said. “It’s another chance to represent our country.”
This comes a day after Kobe Bryant said he was in (although he was at least asked by the coach, Mike Krzyewski, on his national radio show). There will be some tough choices for Coach K as he has a couple teams worth of guys who can go there and do the job and he has to whittle them down. I think we really do need to start worrying about this now. Not like it’s 19 months away or anything.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)