Nov 3, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
The Detroit Pistons have not looked good. At all. They are 0-4 and sniping at each other and the coach already.
Things are going to change in Detroit. One way or another (especially with the coming ownership change) — either there will be a lot more wins or a roster shakeup.
Now enter all the speculation that the Hawks paying for Al Horford and overpaying for Joe Johnson and they are going to have to move someone. Someone like Josh Smith.
Combine all that and you have the Detroit Free Press report today that the Pistons would have interest in Josh Smith.
When the (Pistons team) sale becomes official, the Pistons would seriously consider a Hamilton-for-Smith swap as it appears Hamilton needs a change of scenery.
Ya think? I bet the Hawks also would seriously consider trading Marvin Williams for Kevin Durant, too. Or Jeff Teague for John Wall. All three of those things are just about as likely to happen — no way the Pistons give up Smith for Hamilton.
Which the Freep article points out. It also says the Pistons have some interest in Clippers center Chris Kaman, but that would assume that he is on the market. Or that anyone understands what is going on with the Clippers.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 6
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 8
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8