Nov 3, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
The Detroit Pistons have not looked good. At all. They are 0-4 and sniping at each other and the coach already.
Things are going to change in Detroit. One way or another (especially with the coming ownership change) — either there will be a lot more wins or a roster shakeup.
Now enter all the speculation that the Hawks paying for Al Horford and overpaying for Joe Johnson and they are going to have to move someone. Someone like Josh Smith.
Combine all that and you have the Detroit Free Press report today that the Pistons would have interest in Josh Smith.
When the (Pistons team) sale becomes official, the Pistons would seriously consider a Hamilton-for-Smith swap as it appears Hamilton needs a change of scenery.
Ya think? I bet the Hawks also would seriously consider trading Marvin Williams for Kevin Durant, too. Or Jeff Teague for John Wall. All three of those things are just about as likely to happen — no way the Pistons give up Smith for Hamilton.
Which the Freep article points out. It also says the Pistons have some interest in Clippers center Chris Kaman, but that would assume that he is on the market. Or that anyone understands what is going on with the Clippers.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8