Nov 3, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
The Detroit Pistons have not looked good. At all. They are 0-4 and sniping at each other and the coach already.
Things are going to change in Detroit. One way or another (especially with the coming ownership change) — either there will be a lot more wins or a roster shakeup.
Now enter all the speculation that the Hawks paying for Al Horford and overpaying for Joe Johnson and they are going to have to move someone. Someone like Josh Smith.
Combine all that and you have the Detroit Free Press report today that the Pistons would have interest in Josh Smith.
When the (Pistons team) sale becomes official, the Pistons would seriously consider a Hamilton-for-Smith swap as it appears Hamilton needs a change of scenery.
Ya think? I bet the Hawks also would seriously consider trading Marvin Williams for Kevin Durant, too. Or Jeff Teague for John Wall. All three of those things are just about as likely to happen — no way the Pistons give up Smith for Hamilton.
Which the Freep article points out. It also says the Pistons have some interest in Clippers center Chris Kaman, but that would assume that he is on the market. Or that anyone understands what is going on with the Clippers.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8