Charlie Villanueva says Garnett called him a “cancer patient,” and CV is ready to fight

Nov 3, 2010, 8:10 AM EDT

Kevin Garnett

Kevin Garnett talks a lot of smack on the court, sometimes going a little over the top with it all.

The Piston’s Charlie Villanueva has had enough and tweeted about it after the game.

KG talks a lot of crap, he’s prob never been in a fight, I would love to get in a ring with him, I will expose him

KG called me a cancer patient, I’m pissed because, u know how many people died from cancer, and he’s tossing it like it’s a joke,

We know Garnett talks a lot on the court, we don’t know for certain he said particular thing. If so, he went over the line. Cancer, never funny or a good insult. Not terribly clever either, we kind of always expect more from Garnett.

And just for the record, I would probably take KG in a fight, he’s scrappy and hates to lose. Although he has a reputation as a bit of a bully, always getting in the face of guards like Jose Calderon and not big men like Villanueva, so know knows.

1. lebronsinsecurity - Nov 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM

For some reason I would have to agree with CV on this one.. KG does have that personality where I could actually imagine he really never has been in a fight.. I like KG, but some of the over the top enthusiasm and trash talk makes it seem that he’s over compensating. I’d take CV in a fight any day, even though I like KG better.

• dennitrainer1 - Nov 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Enthusiasm is great and it is one of the qualities that fules passion. I think in this case though its not to be confused with studipity. KG can at times act like a big baby. Last night late in the game against Detroit was one of those numerous occasions. He tends at times to pick on smaller people. How about the Dwight Howards of the world or Kenyon martin. Martin is very street and it would get ugly fast. Play the game and let your game do the talking!1. I really never cared for this guy much. He needs his supporting cast to look good out there.

2. jrmcool20 - Nov 3, 2010 at 11:03 AM

i agree thats abit over the top , but we all need to relize that in the heat of pro sports and all sports we tend to say things we really dont mean and when we say things like that i no for me i feel bad and dont mean half of what i say when mad or competing in a sport etc,,, ! do i agree with kg NO do i think he really meant what he said ? no i dont so kg should say he s sorry and move on and cv should too !!!

3. jangocat - Nov 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM

KG’s an ahole. Millions of people a year die of cancer that sh*t ain’t funny.

• dsims7 - Nov 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I agree jangocat. I personally spent 14 months watching a personal friend die. Nothing funny about it at all. KG is a douchbag!

4. hashfest - Nov 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Time for some chemo, KG…then maybe amputation…I would suggest a lobotomy but you have not shown a functioning brain for some time

5. uptownarchie - Nov 3, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Come on Charlie..its trash talk…you hear way worst things than that! Plus he does look like a cancer patient…..KG got you wit a good one so he’s going to run to the media..LMAO

• hepette - Nov 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM

ur an absolute idiot!!!!!!! feel sorry for your children if you bring them up with this mindset!!!!! really lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

6. thieveland216 - Nov 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Considering I’ve seen him lip-read him saying “f*cking f*ggots” at opposing teams’ benches or fans numerous times with that idiotic chest pound that he does, I’m willing to bet this is true.

7. simplesimon1 - Nov 3, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Give me a break. People trash talk all the time and have forever. People are way too sensitive. The only way this is crossing the line is if he actually is a cancer patient. Otherwise, who cares.

• dsims7 - Nov 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Who Cares? Cancer patients care! He, more or less, is making a mokery at someones serious illness. There are other ways to trash talk without doing that.

• hepette - Nov 3, 2010 at 4:57 PM

lol ur name fits u perfectly LOTS OF PEOPLE CARE DUH

8. steelyres211 - Nov 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Garnett has the balls to say that someone else looks like a cancer patient?

If CV was so angry, he should’ve just blasted KG in the face right then and there instead of going on his twitter to tell everyone else how he wants to fight KG.

• hepette - Nov 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM

y should he in the middle of the game? how dumb is that?????? u ought to b ashamed of yourself!!!!! GOT THE BALLS? MORE LIKE IS A COMPLETE AHOLE!!!!!!!

9. hepette - Nov 3, 2010 at 6:28 PM

ur a nasty sick person and dont belong on here at all if i can figure out how to report u i most certainly will!!!!!!

10. dsims7 - Nov 4, 2010 at 9:02 AM

To all that think this is a joke, have you ever seen a 275Lb man drop to 130Lbs in 4 months? Have you ever crawled into bed with said man to keep him from pulling IV’s out his arms? Have you ever watch a man so weak crap himself and you pick him up, with my colthes on, hold him in the shower with these IV’s and wash him. You ever have a nurse call you at 2:00AM and tell you “Bill said he wants to talk to you,” only to arrive for him to say “Your pretty kool for a black guy sparky?” If not, STFU! 14 months of that, no joke in using this.RIP Bill, you were a kool White Guy, and a Great boss.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches