Nov 2, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
New York City isn’t for everyone. For one thing, it has way too many Yankee fans in it for my taste. And you have to like the true urban experience.
Marcin Gortat and the Magic are in Orlando for a game tonight at MSG against the Knicks. Somehow when people visit NYC they always get asked about how cool it is there and wouldn’t you want to live there. Gortat, not a big fan as he told the Orlando Sentinel (via Slam).
“The only thing I remember about New York is — it’s sad — but it’s terribly dirty,” Gortat said. “And it smells bad, too. I’m sorry to say that, and I know New York fans will hate me probably. But it’s an incredibly city, great city, great fans… I love the fans and I love the famous people. I remember my rookie year I was sitting in the second row trying to find as many famous people as possible. But now, the memories I got is it’s just a dirty, dirty place.”
Consider Gortat just kind of a counterbalance to Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
Still, if my choices are New York and Orlando, well, buy me a Yankee hat.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 5
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 17
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31