Nov 2, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
New York City isn’t for everyone. For one thing, it has way too many Yankee fans in it for my taste. And you have to like the true urban experience.
Marcin Gortat and the Magic are in Orlando for a game tonight at MSG against the Knicks. Somehow when people visit NYC they always get asked about how cool it is there and wouldn’t you want to live there. Gortat, not a big fan as he told the Orlando Sentinel (via Slam).
“The only thing I remember about New York is — it’s sad — but it’s terribly dirty,” Gortat said. “And it smells bad, too. I’m sorry to say that, and I know New York fans will hate me probably. But it’s an incredibly city, great city, great fans… I love the fans and I love the famous people. I remember my rookie year I was sitting in the second row trying to find as many famous people as possible. But now, the memories I got is it’s just a dirty, dirty place.”
Consider Gortat just kind of a counterbalance to Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
Still, if my choices are New York and Orlando, well, buy me a Yankee hat.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20