Nov 2, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
New York City isn’t for everyone. For one thing, it has way too many Yankee fans in it for my taste. And you have to like the true urban experience.
Marcin Gortat and the Magic are in Orlando for a game tonight at MSG against the Knicks. Somehow when people visit NYC they always get asked about how cool it is there and wouldn’t you want to live there. Gortat, not a big fan as he told the Orlando Sentinel (via Slam).
“The only thing I remember about New York is — it’s sad — but it’s terribly dirty,” Gortat said. “And it smells bad, too. I’m sorry to say that, and I know New York fans will hate me probably. But it’s an incredibly city, great city, great fans… I love the fans and I love the famous people. I remember my rookie year I was sitting in the second row trying to find as many famous people as possible. But now, the memories I got is it’s just a dirty, dirty place.”
Consider Gortat just kind of a counterbalance to Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
Still, if my choices are New York and Orlando, well, buy me a Yankee hat.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5