Nov 2, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
New York City isn’t for everyone. For one thing, it has way too many Yankee fans in it for my taste. And you have to like the true urban experience.
Marcin Gortat and the Magic are in Orlando for a game tonight at MSG against the Knicks. Somehow when people visit NYC they always get asked about how cool it is there and wouldn’t you want to live there. Gortat, not a big fan as he told the Orlando Sentinel (via Slam).
“The only thing I remember about New York is — it’s sad — but it’s terribly dirty,” Gortat said. “And it smells bad, too. I’m sorry to say that, and I know New York fans will hate me probably. But it’s an incredibly city, great city, great fans… I love the fans and I love the famous people. I remember my rookie year I was sitting in the second row trying to find as many famous people as possible. But now, the memories I got is it’s just a dirty, dirty place.”
Consider Gortat just kind of a counterbalance to Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
Still, if my choices are New York and Orlando, well, buy me a Yankee hat.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 2
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 20
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38