Nov 2, 2010, 12:38 AM EST
Jared Dudley hit another buzzer beater Monday night.
Just before the midnight Eastern deadline, Dudley agreed to a five-year, $22.5 million extension to remain a Sun. Dudley talked about it on his twitter account.
Breaking News!! This is bigger then @KingJames going to Miami, bigger then Brett Favre goin to Minn. I have just sign a 5yr deal with the Suns
Yes Suns fans!!!! 5 yr Max deal!!!!!!! Lol ok not max but a fair and good deal.. Glad to be apart of this org future.
“It was literally five minutes before the deadline,” agent Mark Bartelstein told FanHouse. “Jared is thrilled.”
Dudley evolved into a very solid, jack-of-all-trades bench player for the Suns, a core of a second unit that helped carry the Suns to the Western Conference finals last season. A guy who can score, rebound, pass, drain the three, whatever was needed. Last season he gave the Suns 24 minutes and 8 points a game for all 82.
Dudley is the fourth member of the draft class of 2007 to get an extension, joining Kevin Durant, Joakim Noah and Al Horford. That is a record low number of extensions, a result of the upcoming collective bargaining agreement.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)