Nov 2, 2010, 12:38 AM EDT
Jared Dudley hit another buzzer beater Monday night.
Just before the midnight Eastern deadline, Dudley agreed to a five-year, $22.5 million extension to remain a Sun. Dudley talked about it on his twitter account.
Breaking News!! This is bigger then @KingJames going to Miami, bigger then Brett Favre goin to Minn. I have just sign a 5yr deal with the Suns
Yes Suns fans!!!! 5 yr Max deal!!!!!!! Lol ok not max but a fair and good deal.. Glad to be apart of this org future.
“It was literally five minutes before the deadline,” agent Mark Bartelstein told FanHouse. “Jared is thrilled.”
Dudley evolved into a very solid, jack-of-all-trades bench player for the Suns, a core of a second unit that helped carry the Suns to the Western Conference finals last season. A guy who can score, rebound, pass, drain the three, whatever was needed. Last season he gave the Suns 24 minutes and 8 points a game for all 82.
Dudley is the fourth member of the draft class of 2007 to get an extension, joining Kevin Durant, Joakim Noah and Al Horford. That is a record low number of extensions, a result of the upcoming collective bargaining agreement.
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 21
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 1
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 23