Nov 2, 2010, 12:38 AM EDT
Jared Dudley hit another buzzer beater Monday night.
Just before the midnight Eastern deadline, Dudley agreed to a five-year, $22.5 million extension to remain a Sun. Dudley talked about it on his twitter account.
Breaking News!! This is bigger then @KingJames going to Miami, bigger then Brett Favre goin to Minn. I have just sign a 5yr deal with the Suns
Yes Suns fans!!!! 5 yr Max deal!!!!!!! Lol ok not max but a fair and good deal.. Glad to be apart of this org future.
“It was literally five minutes before the deadline,” agent Mark Bartelstein told FanHouse. “Jared is thrilled.”
Dudley evolved into a very solid, jack-of-all-trades bench player for the Suns, a core of a second unit that helped carry the Suns to the Western Conference finals last season. A guy who can score, rebound, pass, drain the three, whatever was needed. Last season he gave the Suns 24 minutes and 8 points a game for all 82.
Dudley is the fourth member of the draft class of 2007 to get an extension, joining Kevin Durant, Joakim Noah and Al Horford. That is a record low number of extensions, a result of the upcoming collective bargaining agreement.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 18
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 66
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8