Nov 2, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
Word comes from the twitter account of Lisa Dillman at the Los Angeles Times that the Clippers Craig Smith is going to appeal his flagrant II foul and any fines that come from the league from his tackling of George Hill last night.
If you didn’t see the highlight, Rhino lived up to his nickname just throwing Hill to the ground on a breakaway, making no play for the ball. Hill went out and did not return to the game with spasms in his trapezius muscle.
Take it from someone who was right behind that basket last night watching the game, don’t do it Smith. Take the fine. It was a flagrant II. Maybe that wasn’t the intention when you went up, but it was the result — you grabbed him around the neck and shoulders and threw him to the ground. You had to go. You get a fine. Tony Parker called it a dirty play after the game and he was right.
You’re not a dirty player, but you deserve what is coming on this one.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5