Nov 2, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
Word comes from the twitter account of Lisa Dillman at the Los Angeles Times that the Clippers Craig Smith is going to appeal his flagrant II foul and any fines that come from the league from his tackling of George Hill last night.
If you didn’t see the highlight, Rhino lived up to his nickname just throwing Hill to the ground on a breakaway, making no play for the ball. Hill went out and did not return to the game with spasms in his trapezius muscle.
Take it from someone who was right behind that basket last night watching the game, don’t do it Smith. Take the fine. It was a flagrant II. Maybe that wasn’t the intention when you went up, but it was the result — you grabbed him around the neck and shoulders and threw him to the ground. You had to go. You get a fine. Tony Parker called it a dirty play after the game and he was right.
You’re not a dirty player, but you deserve what is coming on this one.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 7
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12