Nov 2, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
Word comes from the twitter account of Lisa Dillman at the Los Angeles Times that the Clippers Craig Smith is going to appeal his flagrant II foul and any fines that come from the league from his tackling of George Hill last night.
If you didn’t see the highlight, Rhino lived up to his nickname just throwing Hill to the ground on a breakaway, making no play for the ball. Hill went out and did not return to the game with spasms in his trapezius muscle.
Take it from someone who was right behind that basket last night watching the game, don’t do it Smith. Take the fine. It was a flagrant II. Maybe that wasn’t the intention when you went up, but it was the result — you grabbed him around the neck and shoulders and threw him to the ground. You had to go. You get a fine. Tony Parker called it a dirty play after the game and he was right.
You’re not a dirty player, but you deserve what is coming on this one.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 12
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 12
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8