Nov 2, 2010, 2:23 AM EDT
What you missed while you were watching the Giants win one for John “The Count” Montefusco…
The Spurs 97-88 win over the Clippers was our Game of the Night, check out more detail by following that link.
Kings 111, Raptors 108: Tyreke Evans did not start the second half of this game, an upset stomach keeping him in the locker room at halftime. If the Kings watched any tape of the first quarter during the break — when Toronto outscored Sacramento 33-16 — that might have been enough to get Evans sick.
But he came back and so did the Kings. Two fourth quarter runs led by Omri Casspi — he had 9 points hitting all three of his threes in the fourth — led the Kings to the win. DeMarcus Cousins also played well down the stretch as Andrea Bargnani schooled him early in the game (yes, we’re serious).
That whole rumor about the Raptors playing defense? Maybe not. The Kings had 119.4 points per 100 possessions, a crazy good number.
Bulls 110, Trail Blazers 98: Two nights ago Loul Deng was 2-10 shooting and Tom Thibodeau benched him for the fourth quarter. Message received. Matched up against an athletic Blazers team Deng went off for 40, hitting 14 of 19 and getting to the line 11 times. He wasn’t doing it with great shot selection, he was hitting everything — he went 5 of 8 on long twos (more than 16 feet). He did it against a very good defender in Nicolas Batum.
But the real key is that the Bulls spread the offense around. In the team’s first two games Derrick Rose averaged 29 shot attempts — he was the lone guy creating offense for everyone. Monday everyone got involved, Rose had just 11 shots, 13 assists and that balanced proved tougher to defend.
Lamarcus Aldridge put up 33, the rest of the Blazers should try to block this game out of their minds.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23