Nov 2, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
Anderson Varejao’s name is coming up in all sorts of trade rumors. Well, very one sided trade rumors as in a lot of teams want to see if Cleveland is clearing he decks and are calling to see if the 6’10” always-hustling power forward is available.
He is not. And he is happy in Cleveland, thank you very much, as he told the News Herald.
“I’m happy here,” he said. “This is my seventh season (in Cleveland). I love this city. I’m good with everything. This is just the beginning. We’ve played three games. Let’s see how things go.”
Right now it’s easy for the Cavs to keep Varejao in house, especially at a reasonable four ears, $34.7 million left on his deal. But the Cavs also really are rebuilding from the ground up and if someone does call with an offer of the right package of young players and picks, it may be hard to turn down.
But for now, Varejao is a Cav and wants to keep it that way.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15