Nov 2, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
Anderson Varejao’s name is coming up in all sorts of trade rumors. Well, very one sided trade rumors as in a lot of teams want to see if Cleveland is clearing he decks and are calling to see if the 6’10” always-hustling power forward is available.
He is not. And he is happy in Cleveland, thank you very much, as he told the News Herald.
“I’m happy here,” he said. “This is my seventh season (in Cleveland). I love this city. I’m good with everything. This is just the beginning. We’ve played three games. Let’s see how things go.”
Right now it’s easy for the Cavs to keep Varejao in house, especially at a reasonable four ears, $34.7 million left on his deal. But the Cavs also really are rebuilding from the ground up and if someone does call with an offer of the right package of young players and picks, it may be hard to turn down.
But for now, Varejao is a Cav and wants to keep it that way.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 16
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 18
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4