Nov 2, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
Anderson Varejao’s name is coming up in all sorts of trade rumors. Well, very one sided trade rumors as in a lot of teams want to see if Cleveland is clearing he decks and are calling to see if the 6’10” always-hustling power forward is available.
He is not. And he is happy in Cleveland, thank you very much, as he told the News Herald.
“I’m happy here,” he said. “This is my seventh season (in Cleveland). I love this city. I’m good with everything. This is just the beginning. We’ve played three games. Let’s see how things go.”
Right now it’s easy for the Cavs to keep Varejao in house, especially at a reasonable four ears, $34.7 million left on his deal. But the Cavs also really are rebuilding from the ground up and if someone does call with an offer of the right package of young players and picks, it may be hard to turn down.
But for now, Varejao is a Cav and wants to keep it that way.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 17
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14