Nov 2, 2010, 9:39 AM EST
Anderson Varejao’s name is coming up in all sorts of trade rumors. Well, very one sided trade rumors as in a lot of teams want to see if Cleveland is clearing he decks and are calling to see if the 6’10” always-hustling power forward is available.
He is not. And he is happy in Cleveland, thank you very much, as he told the News Herald.
“I’m happy here,” he said. “This is my seventh season (in Cleveland). I love this city. I’m good with everything. This is just the beginning. We’ve played three games. Let’s see how things go.”
Right now it’s easy for the Cavs to keep Varejao in house, especially at a reasonable four ears, $34.7 million left on his deal. But the Cavs also really are rebuilding from the ground up and if someone does call with an offer of the right package of young players and picks, it may be hard to turn down.
But for now, Varejao is a Cav and wants to keep it that way.
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 1
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 29
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 7
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (45)