Nov 2, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
Anderson Varejao’s name is coming up in all sorts of trade rumors. Well, very one sided trade rumors as in a lot of teams want to see if Cleveland is clearing he decks and are calling to see if the 6’10” always-hustling power forward is available.
He is not. And he is happy in Cleveland, thank you very much, as he told the News Herald.
“I’m happy here,” he said. “This is my seventh season (in Cleveland). I love this city. I’m good with everything. This is just the beginning. We’ve played three games. Let’s see how things go.”
Right now it’s easy for the Cavs to keep Varejao in house, especially at a reasonable four ears, $34.7 million left on his deal. But the Cavs also really are rebuilding from the ground up and if someone does call with an offer of the right package of young players and picks, it may be hard to turn down.
But for now, Varejao is a Cav and wants to keep it that way.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19