Nov 1, 2010, 12:46 PM EDT
One thing we can agree on is that the Minnesota Timberwolves have amassed some talent. How good that talent really is, how it all fits together and how it is being used may be the more pertinent questions, but there is talent on the Minnesota roster.
So it was only logical that the Timberwolves picked up the rookie-contract option years on a number of players, as the team announced today.
Kevin Love, Michael Beasley and Kosta Koufos all had their fourth year options picked up. Guards Wayne Ellington and Jonny Flynn had their third year options picked up.
Really, this was a no brainer. The brains come in finding the big star this team needs and finding a way to balance out these existing players in a system that fits them. We can debate if the current brain trust in Minnesota can pull that off.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 8
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 5
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4