Nov 1, 2010, 12:46 PM EST
One thing we can agree on is that the Minnesota Timberwolves have amassed some talent. How good that talent really is, how it all fits together and how it is being used may be the more pertinent questions, but there is talent on the Minnesota roster.
So it was only logical that the Timberwolves picked up the rookie-contract option years on a number of players, as the team announced today.
Kevin Love, Michael Beasley and Kosta Koufos all had their fourth year options picked up. Guards Wayne Ellington and Jonny Flynn had their third year options picked up.
Really, this was a no brainer. The brains come in finding the big star this team needs and finding a way to balance out these existing players in a system that fits them. We can debate if the current brain trust in Minnesota can pull that off.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9