Nov 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
There will be an O’Neal starting at center for the Celtics Tuesday.
But it won’t be Shaq, Doc Rivers said he will sit out Tuesday’s game against the Detroit Pistons, according to a tweet from Gary Washburn at the Boston Globe. Shaq has been dealing with knee issues that are slowing him down. Celtics fans, get used to that.
But in comes Jermaine O’Neal, who practiced with the team Monday and will start Tuesday, although Big Baby may get more minutes for the game as the Celtics try to keep O’Neal’s minutes down.
Eventually, if both O’Neals and Davis could all get healthy at once Doc Rivers would have options. Until then, they have to win with whichever O’Neal suits up.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15