Nov 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
There will be an O’Neal starting at center for the Celtics Tuesday.
But it won’t be Shaq, Doc Rivers said he will sit out Tuesday’s game against the Detroit Pistons, according to a tweet from Gary Washburn at the Boston Globe. Shaq has been dealing with knee issues that are slowing him down. Celtics fans, get used to that.
But in comes Jermaine O’Neal, who practiced with the team Monday and will start Tuesday, although Big Baby may get more minutes for the game as the Celtics try to keep O’Neal’s minutes down.
Eventually, if both O’Neals and Davis could all get healthy at once Doc Rivers would have options. Until then, they have to win with whichever O’Neal suits up.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40