Nov 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
There will be an O’Neal starting at center for the Celtics Tuesday.
But it won’t be Shaq, Doc Rivers said he will sit out Tuesday’s game against the Detroit Pistons, according to a tweet from Gary Washburn at the Boston Globe. Shaq has been dealing with knee issues that are slowing him down. Celtics fans, get used to that.
But in comes Jermaine O’Neal, who practiced with the team Monday and will start Tuesday, although Big Baby may get more minutes for the game as the Celtics try to keep O’Neal’s minutes down.
Eventually, if both O’Neals and Davis could all get healthy at once Doc Rivers would have options. Until then, they have to win with whichever O’Neal suits up.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 14
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10