Nov 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
There will be an O’Neal starting at center for the Celtics Tuesday.
But it won’t be Shaq, Doc Rivers said he will sit out Tuesday’s game against the Detroit Pistons, according to a tweet from Gary Washburn at the Boston Globe. Shaq has been dealing with knee issues that are slowing him down. Celtics fans, get used to that.
But in comes Jermaine O’Neal, who practiced with the team Monday and will start Tuesday, although Big Baby may get more minutes for the game as the Celtics try to keep O’Neal’s minutes down.
Eventually, if both O’Neals and Davis could all get healthy at once Doc Rivers would have options. Until then, they have to win with whichever O’Neal suits up.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 24
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 59
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6