Nov 1, 2010, 3:29 PM EDT
There will be an O’Neal starting at center for the Celtics Tuesday.
But it won’t be Shaq, Doc Rivers said he will sit out Tuesday’s game against the Detroit Pistons, according to a tweet from Gary Washburn at the Boston Globe. Shaq has been dealing with knee issues that are slowing him down. Celtics fans, get used to that.
But in comes Jermaine O’Neal, who practiced with the team Monday and will start Tuesday, although Big Baby may get more minutes for the game as the Celtics try to keep O’Neal’s minutes down.
Eventually, if both O’Neals and Davis could all get healthy at once Doc Rivers would have options. Until then, they have to win with whichever O’Neal suits up.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 5
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43