Nov 1, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
Tuesday night, the Miami Heat will destroy the Minnesota Timberwolves. At least that’s the expectation.
And LeBron James will get to check off one name on his revenge list — Anthony Tolliver. That’s what he’s saying, Tolliver is surprised by all this.
Here’s the backstory. You probably remember a little something in July where James announced he was taking his talents to South Beach. Well in early August Tolliver did a little video spoof of “The Decision” in announcing he was taking his talents to Minneapolis. It was pretty amusing.
James noticed and was not amused, as he told the Associated Press.
James has taken notice, deadpanning Friday, “We play Minnesota twice.”
Tolliver told Brian Windhorst of ESPN he was surprised by James’ reaction.
“It was just me having fun, making fun of the decision,” Tolliver said after the Wolves practice on Monday. “When I did it, I had no intention to have him react.”
“If he’s seen the video then he would know that it had nothing to do with him personally, it was about the situation,” said Tolliver, who signed a two-year, $4.5 million deal in Minnesota after having a breakout season with the Warriors last year.
James said before he had not seen the video. Tolliver and the Wolves may pay for it anyway, if what the Heat did to the Nets Sunday is any indication (and right now the Wolves are no Nets).
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38