Nov 1, 2010, 6:31 PM EST
Tuesday night, the Miami Heat will destroy the Minnesota Timberwolves. At least that’s the expectation.
And LeBron James will get to check off one name on his revenge list — Anthony Tolliver. That’s what he’s saying, Tolliver is surprised by all this.
Here’s the backstory. You probably remember a little something in July where James announced he was taking his talents to South Beach. Well in early August Tolliver did a little video spoof of “The Decision” in announcing he was taking his talents to Minneapolis. It was pretty amusing.
James noticed and was not amused, as he told the Associated Press.
James has taken notice, deadpanning Friday, “We play Minnesota twice.”
Tolliver told Brian Windhorst of ESPN he was surprised by James’ reaction.
“It was just me having fun, making fun of the decision,” Tolliver said after the Wolves practice on Monday. “When I did it, I had no intention to have him react.”
“If he’s seen the video then he would know that it had nothing to do with him personally, it was about the situation,” said Tolliver, who signed a two-year, $4.5 million deal in Minnesota after having a breakout season with the Warriors last year.
James said before he had not seen the video. Tolliver and the Wolves may pay for it anyway, if what the Heat did to the Nets Sunday is any indication (and right now the Wolves are no Nets).
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)