Nov 1, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
Tuesday night, the Miami Heat will destroy the Minnesota Timberwolves. At least that’s the expectation.
And LeBron James will get to check off one name on his revenge list — Anthony Tolliver. That’s what he’s saying, Tolliver is surprised by all this.
Here’s the backstory. You probably remember a little something in July where James announced he was taking his talents to South Beach. Well in early August Tolliver did a little video spoof of “The Decision” in announcing he was taking his talents to Minneapolis. It was pretty amusing.
James noticed and was not amused, as he told the Associated Press.
James has taken notice, deadpanning Friday, “We play Minnesota twice.”
Tolliver told Brian Windhorst of ESPN he was surprised by James’ reaction.
“It was just me having fun, making fun of the decision,” Tolliver said after the Wolves practice on Monday. “When I did it, I had no intention to have him react.”
“If he’s seen the video then he would know that it had nothing to do with him personally, it was about the situation,” said Tolliver, who signed a two-year, $4.5 million deal in Minnesota after having a breakout season with the Warriors last year.
James said before he had not seen the video. Tolliver and the Wolves may pay for it anyway, if what the Heat did to the Nets Sunday is any indication (and right now the Wolves are no Nets).
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 7
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 34
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars