Nov 1, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
Tuesday night, the Miami Heat will destroy the Minnesota Timberwolves. At least that’s the expectation.
And LeBron James will get to check off one name on his revenge list — Anthony Tolliver. That’s what he’s saying, Tolliver is surprised by all this.
Here’s the backstory. You probably remember a little something in July where James announced he was taking his talents to South Beach. Well in early August Tolliver did a little video spoof of “The Decision” in announcing he was taking his talents to Minneapolis. It was pretty amusing.
James noticed and was not amused, as he told the Associated Press.
James has taken notice, deadpanning Friday, “We play Minnesota twice.”
Tolliver told Brian Windhorst of ESPN he was surprised by James’ reaction.
“It was just me having fun, making fun of the decision,” Tolliver said after the Wolves practice on Monday. “When I did it, I had no intention to have him react.”
“If he’s seen the video then he would know that it had nothing to do with him personally, it was about the situation,” said Tolliver, who signed a two-year, $4.5 million deal in Minnesota after having a breakout season with the Warriors last year.
James said before he had not seen the video. Tolliver and the Wolves may pay for it anyway, if what the Heat did to the Nets Sunday is any indication (and right now the Wolves are no Nets).
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10