Nov 1, 2010, 9:37 AM EDT
If you enjoy “Messin’ with Sasquatch” then you’ll enjoy a fun new game from the Lakers locker room: ask Kobe about his knee.
Of course the assembled media did after the Lakers win Sunday night, and Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register has the response.
“Leave me the (heck) alone about my (expletive) knee,” Bryant said, smiling, after the victory Sunday night over Golden State.
Told that Lakers coach Phil Jackson had said Bryant is not 100 percent, especially on defense, Bryant said congenially again: “100 percent. I don’t give a (bleep) what he says. I’m fine.”
By the way, it’s pretty clear Kobe’s knee is not 100 percent after his offseason surgery, but the Lakers pretty soft schedule to start the season gives him time to get it right without the team hurting much. As evidenced by the 3-0 start.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90