Nov 1, 2010, 11:27 AM EDT
Stories that the NBA Players Association clipped and saved this morning include…
The New York Knicks have sold out their allotment of season tickets this season, increasing revenue for the team by about $21 million , according to the Sports Business Journal.
When the NBA season began last week, the Knicks had sold more than 4,000 new full-season tickets and had a season-ticket renewal rate of 92 percent, team officials said. With an average full-season-ticket price of $131 a game, unchanged from last year, the team has increased season-ticket revenue by about $21.5 million. The team is also beginning a season-ticket waiting list, which vanished after years of futility on the court.
The Knicks refused to disclose their total number of full-season tickets sold, but last summer the team had about 10,000 full-season tickets, so with a renewal rate of more than 92 percent and the 4,000 new fulls, the Knicks have about 13,000 full-season tickets in the 19,763-seat Garden.
Some people signed up for tickets during the LeBron James saga, but plenty also signed up after the Knicks inked Amar’e Stoudemire. Put simply — hope sells, and there is hope again for the Knicks.
The Knicks are in the top five in the league in season ticket sales and revenue from them.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record