Nov 1, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:49 pm: The MRI revealed no fracture, so it’s just a bruised and very sore tailbone for Randolph. He is officially a game time decision against the Lakers Tuesday and is listed as day-to-day.
12:27 pm: Zach Randolph took a nasty fall in the Hawks first game in the season, landing on his backside. He tried to return to the game but couldn’t do much. He’s now missed the last couple games.
Monday he undergoes an MRI to see if there is anything more serious going on, according to the Commercial Appeal.
“I’m still in a lot of pain,” Randolph said. “I can’t jump without pain. I want to be able to play against the (Los Angeles) Lakers (Tuesday). I just hope there isn’t a crack.”
Don’t bet on Randolph being ready Tuesday, and if there is a cracked tailbone he could be out for a while. Marc Gasol has returned more quickly than expected from a sprained ankle, and the Grizzles are off to a 2-1 start, but it would be hard to maintain that without Randolph back. And being the Randolph from last year.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19