Nov 1, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:49 pm: The MRI revealed no fracture, so it’s just a bruised and very sore tailbone for Randolph. He is officially a game time decision against the Lakers Tuesday and is listed as day-to-day.
12:27 pm: Zach Randolph took a nasty fall in the Hawks first game in the season, landing on his backside. He tried to return to the game but couldn’t do much. He’s now missed the last couple games.
Monday he undergoes an MRI to see if there is anything more serious going on, according to the Commercial Appeal.
“I’m still in a lot of pain,” Randolph said. “I can’t jump without pain. I want to be able to play against the (Los Angeles) Lakers (Tuesday). I just hope there isn’t a crack.”
Don’t bet on Randolph being ready Tuesday, and if there is a cracked tailbone he could be out for a while. Marc Gasol has returned more quickly than expected from a sprained ankle, and the Grizzles are off to a 2-1 start, but it would be hard to maintain that without Randolph back. And being the Randolph from last year.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15