Nov 1, 2010, 2:49 PM EST
UPDATE 2:49 pm: The MRI revealed no fracture, so it’s just a bruised and very sore tailbone for Randolph. He is officially a game time decision against the Lakers Tuesday and is listed as day-to-day.
12:27 pm: Zach Randolph took a nasty fall in the Hawks first game in the season, landing on his backside. He tried to return to the game but couldn’t do much. He’s now missed the last couple games.
Monday he undergoes an MRI to see if there is anything more serious going on, according to the Commercial Appeal.
“I’m still in a lot of pain,” Randolph said. “I can’t jump without pain. I want to be able to play against the (Los Angeles) Lakers (Tuesday). I just hope there isn’t a crack.”
Don’t bet on Randolph being ready Tuesday, and if there is a cracked tailbone he could be out for a while. Marc Gasol has returned more quickly than expected from a sprained ankle, and the Grizzles are off to a 2-1 start, but it would be hard to maintain that without Randolph back. And being the Randolph from last year.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 14
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8