Nov 1, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:49 pm: The MRI revealed no fracture, so it’s just a bruised and very sore tailbone for Randolph. He is officially a game time decision against the Lakers Tuesday and is listed as day-to-day.
12:27 pm: Zach Randolph took a nasty fall in the Hawks first game in the season, landing on his backside. He tried to return to the game but couldn’t do much. He’s now missed the last couple games.
Monday he undergoes an MRI to see if there is anything more serious going on, according to the Commercial Appeal.
“I’m still in a lot of pain,” Randolph said. “I can’t jump without pain. I want to be able to play against the (Los Angeles) Lakers (Tuesday). I just hope there isn’t a crack.”
Don’t bet on Randolph being ready Tuesday, and if there is a cracked tailbone he could be out for a while. Marc Gasol has returned more quickly than expected from a sprained ankle, and the Grizzles are off to a 2-1 start, but it would be hard to maintain that without Randolph back. And being the Randolph from last year.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3