Oct 31, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
Erick Dampier is in for Houston. That means Jermaine Taylor is out.
If you want him, he can be yours. The Rockets are shopping Taylor around before just cutting him outright, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld.
It makes some sense for Houston, there was interest from several teams in signing off waivers so why not see if you can get something for him. Probably a second round pick, but that is better than nothing. Washington, Miami and the Magic are reportedly interested, although Miami already has a full roster so take the report with plenty of salt. But the fact there might b real interest makes sense.
It is possible teams would rather risk getting him off waivers for nothing, so we’ll see if the Rockets can find a deal out there.
Taylor, a guard out of Central Florida, played 31 games and was respectable for the Rockets last season. He is one of the army of guys to get to the NBA out of the D-League.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 8
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 1
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 18
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)