Oct 31, 2010, 9:40 AM EDT
A few games in and the Miami offense has sputtered. When they get out and run they are unstoppable, but in the half court they can be stopped.
Pat Riley thinks they need another shooter (especially with Mike Miller out until after the calendar turns to 2011), so he is going to try to trade for one after Dec. 15, when free agents signed this summer can first be traded. That according to ESPN’s Ric Bucher.
“Two different team executives said they expect the Heat to dangle $3 million and second-year PG Mario Chalmers to a lottery-bound team looking to shed the long-term contract of a mid-priced spot-up shooting PG. Riley’s objective is to find another shooter to space the floor, a la BJ Armstrong or John Paxson in their Chicago days playing alongside Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen”
Interestingly enough, the names that come up are Jarrett Jack and Daniel Gibson. So one player from Toronto and one from Cleveland. Good luck getting those guys (even if the deal is a good one for the team, the GM would be crucified in that city for helping out the Miami team that “stole” their star).
But Riley’s right, they need a more pure shooting point guard.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 9
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 10
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 24
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 16
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement