Oct 31, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
The Clippers this season have started Baron Davis at point guard, which has gone about as expected. Meh.
When he’s gone to the bench, Randy Foye has gotten the backup minutes. He has not impressed. He’s not shooting much but when he has he’s missed (shooting 30 percent on the season). The team’s second unit has seemed slow and a step off.
Now Foye is out one to two weeks with a left hamstring sprain, according to ESPN Los Angeles. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
Now rookie Eric Bledsoe is going to get some run, and that could be good as he brings quickness and energy. Eric Gordon may get some time at the point and that could work as well.
Basically, the Clippers need a shot of energy with their reserves, and this could force some lineup moves by Vinny Del Negro to find it. The Clippers have five games in the next seven days, so he’ll get the opportunity.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 0
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 13
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 21
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 7
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64