Oct 31, 2010, 4:46 PM EST
The Clippers this season have started Baron Davis at point guard, which has gone about as expected. Meh.
When he’s gone to the bench, Randy Foye has gotten the backup minutes. He has not impressed. He’s not shooting much but when he has he’s missed (shooting 30 percent on the season). The team’s second unit has seemed slow and a step off.
Now Foye is out one to two weeks with a left hamstring sprain, according to ESPN Los Angeles. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
Now rookie Eric Bledsoe is going to get some run, and that could be good as he brings quickness and energy. Eric Gordon may get some time at the point and that could work as well.
Basically, the Clippers need a shot of energy with their reserves, and this could force some lineup moves by Vinny Del Negro to find it. The Clippers have five games in the next seven days, so he’ll get the opportunity.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 11
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30