Oct 31, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
The Clippers this season have started Baron Davis at point guard, which has gone about as expected. Meh.
When he’s gone to the bench, Randy Foye has gotten the backup minutes. He has not impressed. He’s not shooting much but when he has he’s missed (shooting 30 percent on the season). The team’s second unit has seemed slow and a step off.
Now Foye is out one to two weeks with a left hamstring sprain, according to ESPN Los Angeles. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
Now rookie Eric Bledsoe is going to get some run, and that could be good as he brings quickness and energy. Eric Gordon may get some time at the point and that could work as well.
Basically, the Clippers need a shot of energy with their reserves, and this could force some lineup moves by Vinny Del Negro to find it. The Clippers have five games in the next seven days, so he’ll get the opportunity.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43