Oct 31, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
The Clippers this season have started Baron Davis at point guard, which has gone about as expected. Meh.
When he’s gone to the bench, Randy Foye has gotten the backup minutes. He has not impressed. He’s not shooting much but when he has he’s missed (shooting 30 percent on the season). The team’s second unit has seemed slow and a step off.
Now Foye is out one to two weeks with a left hamstring sprain, according to ESPN Los Angeles. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
Now rookie Eric Bledsoe is going to get some run, and that could be good as he brings quickness and energy. Eric Gordon may get some time at the point and that could work as well.
Basically, the Clippers need a shot of energy with their reserves, and this could force some lineup moves by Vinny Del Negro to find it. The Clippers have five games in the next seven days, so he’ll get the opportunity.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 8
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 5
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4