Oct 31, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Great take from Kevin McHale on the new technical foul enforcement, which the league says is about “respect for the game,” via Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
“Respect for the game is playing hard,” said McHale, the former Wolves boss who is now an analyst for TNT and NBA TV. “Respect for the game is going out there every single night and busting your hump. If you’re going to give technicals out of respect for the game, it should be for guys who are doggin’ it. Give a technical to a guy who’s walking up and down the floor, or the guy who’s not diving after the ball or going after the rebound and not boxing out, or who’s afraid to hit somebody to make some space down there.
“Give them a technical, then I’m all for it.”
Seconded. What is worse to watch than a guy complaining about a call is a guy playing without passion and emotion.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 49
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18