Oct 31, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Great take from Kevin McHale on the new technical foul enforcement, which the league says is about “respect for the game,” via Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
“Respect for the game is playing hard,” said McHale, the former Wolves boss who is now an analyst for TNT and NBA TV. “Respect for the game is going out there every single night and busting your hump. If you’re going to give technicals out of respect for the game, it should be for guys who are doggin’ it. Give a technical to a guy who’s walking up and down the floor, or the guy who’s not diving after the ball or going after the rebound and not boxing out, or who’s afraid to hit somebody to make some space down there.
“Give them a technical, then I’m all for it.”
Seconded. What is worse to watch than a guy complaining about a call is a guy playing without passion and emotion.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17