Oct 31, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Great take from Kevin McHale on the new technical foul enforcement, which the league says is about “respect for the game,” via Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
“Respect for the game is playing hard,” said McHale, the former Wolves boss who is now an analyst for TNT and NBA TV. “Respect for the game is going out there every single night and busting your hump. If you’re going to give technicals out of respect for the game, it should be for guys who are doggin’ it. Give a technical to a guy who’s walking up and down the floor, or the guy who’s not diving after the ball or going after the rebound and not boxing out, or who’s afraid to hit somebody to make some space down there.
“Give them a technical, then I’m all for it.”
Seconded. What is worse to watch than a guy complaining about a call is a guy playing without passion and emotion.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 28
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23