Oct 30, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:28 pm: Curry has tweeted that he will not be traveling with the team to Los Angeles for Sunday’s game. The Warriors are off until Wednesday after that, when they play Memphis, he is waiting to see if he will be ready for that game.
1:27 am: Stephen Curry has been playing through a mild right ankle sprain so far this season, he rolled it once in the preseason then again in the season opener. But it wasn’t bothering him much against the Clippers — 16 points on 7-of-9 shooting, and you can toss in six dimes.
Then trying to keep up with an Eric Gordon crossover in the third quarter Curry rolled that same right ankle again. He limped off the court and did not return.
This time the Warriors are calling it a sprain. Nothing official yet as to how long he is out but it seems to be at the point he just needs to rest it for a few games and get it right. He may miss the Laker game this weekend but then the Warriors are off until Wednesday. Once we know more we will update, but it didn’t look good and that’s three times with the same ankle now.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18