Oct 30, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is not a doctor. He does not even play one on television.
But we’re not getting a lot of reports from Dallas doctors on the recovery of Roddy Beaubois, so when Nowitzki says something, we listen. And he said something to Art Garcia of NBA.com.
“Obviously, we’re all waiting on Roddy,” Nowitzki said. “It doesn’t look like he’s going to play until December the way he looks, so we just have fight through it.”
Beaubois had surgery on his foot after suffering a stress fracture this summer. He wants to be on the court badly enough that he tried to practice recently, only to suffer a setback. So he waits.
“I don’t know. I can’t give you a date,” Beaubois said. “It’s week to week.”
He then added: “This time I’m going to take my time.”
Beaubois had been penciled in as a starter for Dallas, the second year player bringing a speed and energy to the court that Dallas has lacked for a couple years. With him out Jason Terry has started, and while that has gone fine he lacks Beaubois’ spark.
Dallas is deep and can hold things together just fine, they are 1-1 on the young season. But they need Beaubois eventually if they are going to live up to any of Mark Cuban’s lofty hopes.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 13
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17