Oct 30, 2010, 9:55 AM EST
Dirk Nowitzki is not a doctor. He does not even play one on television.
But we’re not getting a lot of reports from Dallas doctors on the recovery of Roddy Beaubois, so when Nowitzki says something, we listen. And he said something to Art Garcia of NBA.com.
“Obviously, we’re all waiting on Roddy,” Nowitzki said. “It doesn’t look like he’s going to play until December the way he looks, so we just have fight through it.”
Beaubois had surgery on his foot after suffering a stress fracture this summer. He wants to be on the court badly enough that he tried to practice recently, only to suffer a setback. So he waits.
“I don’t know. I can’t give you a date,” Beaubois said. “It’s week to week.”
He then added: “This time I’m going to take my time.”
Beaubois had been penciled in as a starter for Dallas, the second year player bringing a speed and energy to the court that Dallas has lacked for a couple years. With him out Jason Terry has started, and while that has gone fine he lacks Beaubois’ spark.
Dallas is deep and can hold things together just fine, they are 1-1 on the young season. But they need Beaubois eventually if they are going to live up to any of Mark Cuban’s lofty hopes.
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 0
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10