Oct 30, 2010, 9:55 AM EST
Dirk Nowitzki is not a doctor. He does not even play one on television.
But we’re not getting a lot of reports from Dallas doctors on the recovery of Roddy Beaubois, so when Nowitzki says something, we listen. And he said something to Art Garcia of NBA.com.
“Obviously, we’re all waiting on Roddy,” Nowitzki said. “It doesn’t look like he’s going to play until December the way he looks, so we just have fight through it.”
Beaubois had surgery on his foot after suffering a stress fracture this summer. He wants to be on the court badly enough that he tried to practice recently, only to suffer a setback. So he waits.
“I don’t know. I can’t give you a date,” Beaubois said. “It’s week to week.”
He then added: “This time I’m going to take my time.”
Beaubois had been penciled in as a starter for Dallas, the second year player bringing a speed and energy to the court that Dallas has lacked for a couple years. With him out Jason Terry has started, and while that has gone fine he lacks Beaubois’ spark.
Dallas is deep and can hold things together just fine, they are 1-1 on the young season. But they need Beaubois eventually if they are going to live up to any of Mark Cuban’s lofty hopes.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 9
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 22
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15