Oct 30, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is not a doctor. He does not even play one on television.
But we’re not getting a lot of reports from Dallas doctors on the recovery of Roddy Beaubois, so when Nowitzki says something, we listen. And he said something to Art Garcia of NBA.com.
“Obviously, we’re all waiting on Roddy,” Nowitzki said. “It doesn’t look like he’s going to play until December the way he looks, so we just have fight through it.”
Beaubois had surgery on his foot after suffering a stress fracture this summer. He wants to be on the court badly enough that he tried to practice recently, only to suffer a setback. So he waits.
“I don’t know. I can’t give you a date,” Beaubois said. “It’s week to week.”
He then added: “This time I’m going to take my time.”
Beaubois had been penciled in as a starter for Dallas, the second year player bringing a speed and energy to the court that Dallas has lacked for a couple years. With him out Jason Terry has started, and while that has gone fine he lacks Beaubois’ spark.
Dallas is deep and can hold things together just fine, they are 1-1 on the young season. But they need Beaubois eventually if they are going to live up to any of Mark Cuban’s lofty hopes.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13