Oct 29, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, free agent center Erick Dampier has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Rockets.
On paper, this looks like a great move for the Rockets. Dampier is a big body who’s always had a good defensive reputation; the Rockets desperately need a true backup for Yao Ming and somebody to help out their defense, which gave up an average of 122 points per game in the first two contests of the season.
The Rockets will be the 35-year old Dampier’s fourth NBA team. Last season, Dampier averaged 6.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks per game in 55 games for the Mavericks.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 37
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14