Oct 29, 2010, 4:11 PM EST
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, free agent center Erick Dampier has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Rockets.
On paper, this looks like a great move for the Rockets. Dampier is a big body who’s always had a good defensive reputation; the Rockets desperately need a true backup for Yao Ming and somebody to help out their defense, which gave up an average of 122 points per game in the first two contests of the season.
The Rockets will be the 35-year old Dampier’s fourth NBA team. Last season, Dampier averaged 6.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks per game in 55 games for the Mavericks.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 18
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 34
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (61)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)