Oct 29, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, free agent center Erick Dampier has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Rockets.
On paper, this looks like a great move for the Rockets. Dampier is a big body who’s always had a good defensive reputation; the Rockets desperately need a true backup for Yao Ming and somebody to help out their defense, which gave up an average of 122 points per game in the first two contests of the season.
The Rockets will be the 35-year old Dampier’s fourth NBA team. Last season, Dampier averaged 6.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks per game in 55 games for the Mavericks.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 27
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 34
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 43
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42