Oct 29, 2010, 4:11 PM EST
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, free agent center Erick Dampier has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Rockets.
On paper, this looks like a great move for the Rockets. Dampier is a big body who’s always had a good defensive reputation; the Rockets desperately need a true backup for Yao Ming and somebody to help out their defense, which gave up an average of 122 points per game in the first two contests of the season.
The Rockets will be the 35-year old Dampier’s fourth NBA team. Last season, Dampier averaged 6.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks per game in 55 games for the Mavericks.
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 1
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24