Oct 29, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, free agent center Erick Dampier has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Rockets.
On paper, this looks like a great move for the Rockets. Dampier is a big body who’s always had a good defensive reputation; the Rockets desperately need a true backup for Yao Ming and somebody to help out their defense, which gave up an average of 122 points per game in the first two contests of the season.
The Rockets will be the 35-year old Dampier’s fourth NBA team. Last season, Dampier averaged 6.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks per game in 55 games for the Mavericks.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20