Oct 29, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
Rudy Fernandez has two agents: Andy Miller for his NBA deals and Gerard Darnes for European deals. Or does he?
During the summer of his discontent, both Miller and Darnes said things about Fernandez wanting to get out of Portland that led Fernandez to be fined.
In September it was Darnes, going on a Portland radio station and saying Fernandez wanted Portland to release him from his contract so he could return to play in Europe. That cost Fernandez $50,000.
The reasoning is Darnes is not Fernandez’s American agent and he’s not even registered as his European agent. Fernandez can claim there is no legal tie there.
We’ll see if it works. It’s seems one of those things where Darnes was certainly speaking for Fernandez, but if there are no legal ties how do you say Fernandez has to control what Darnes says?
Meanwhile, on the court this season Fernandez has looked solid for Portland, giving them 20 minutes and 7 points per game. He has hit 4 of his 8 three point attempts so far. You can bet his name will come up in trade talks as the season moves along.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 2
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11