Oct 29, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
Rudy Fernandez has two agents: Andy Miller for his NBA deals and Gerard Darnes for European deals. Or does he?
During the summer of his discontent, both Miller and Darnes said things about Fernandez wanting to get out of Portland that led Fernandez to be fined.
In September it was Darnes, going on a Portland radio station and saying Fernandez wanted Portland to release him from his contract so he could return to play in Europe. That cost Fernandez $50,000.
The reasoning is Darnes is not Fernandez’s American agent and he’s not even registered as his European agent. Fernandez can claim there is no legal tie there.
We’ll see if it works. It’s seems one of those things where Darnes was certainly speaking for Fernandez, but if there are no legal ties how do you say Fernandez has to control what Darnes says?
Meanwhile, on the court this season Fernandez has looked solid for Portland, giving them 20 minutes and 7 points per game. He has hit 4 of his 8 three point attempts so far. You can bet his name will come up in trade talks as the season moves along.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18