Oct 29, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
Rudy Fernandez has two agents: Andy Miller for his NBA deals and Gerard Darnes for European deals. Or does he?
During the summer of his discontent, both Miller and Darnes said things about Fernandez wanting to get out of Portland that led Fernandez to be fined.
In September it was Darnes, going on a Portland radio station and saying Fernandez wanted Portland to release him from his contract so he could return to play in Europe. That cost Fernandez $50,000.
The reasoning is Darnes is not Fernandez’s American agent and he’s not even registered as his European agent. Fernandez can claim there is no legal tie there.
We’ll see if it works. It’s seems one of those things where Darnes was certainly speaking for Fernandez, but if there are no legal ties how do you say Fernandez has to control what Darnes says?
Meanwhile, on the court this season Fernandez has looked solid for Portland, giving them 20 minutes and 7 points per game. He has hit 4 of his 8 three point attempts so far. You can bet his name will come up in trade talks as the season moves along.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 44
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31