Oct 29, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
Rudy Fernandez has two agents: Andy Miller for his NBA deals and Gerard Darnes for European deals. Or does he?
During the summer of his discontent, both Miller and Darnes said things about Fernandez wanting to get out of Portland that led Fernandez to be fined.
In September it was Darnes, going on a Portland radio station and saying Fernandez wanted Portland to release him from his contract so he could return to play in Europe. That cost Fernandez $50,000.
The reasoning is Darnes is not Fernandez’s American agent and he’s not even registered as his European agent. Fernandez can claim there is no legal tie there.
We’ll see if it works. It’s seems one of those things where Darnes was certainly speaking for Fernandez, but if there are no legal ties how do you say Fernandez has to control what Darnes says?
Meanwhile, on the court this season Fernandez has looked solid for Portland, giving them 20 minutes and 7 points per game. He has hit 4 of his 8 three point attempts so far. You can bet his name will come up in trade talks as the season moves along.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11