Oct 29, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
Rudy Fernandez has two agents: Andy Miller for his NBA deals and Gerard Darnes for European deals. Or does he?
During the summer of his discontent, both Miller and Darnes said things about Fernandez wanting to get out of Portland that led Fernandez to be fined.
In September it was Darnes, going on a Portland radio station and saying Fernandez wanted Portland to release him from his contract so he could return to play in Europe. That cost Fernandez $50,000.
The reasoning is Darnes is not Fernandez’s American agent and he’s not even registered as his European agent. Fernandez can claim there is no legal tie there.
We’ll see if it works. It’s seems one of those things where Darnes was certainly speaking for Fernandez, but if there are no legal ties how do you say Fernandez has to control what Darnes says?
Meanwhile, on the court this season Fernandez has looked solid for Portland, giving them 20 minutes and 7 points per game. He has hit 4 of his 8 three point attempts so far. You can bet his name will come up in trade talks as the season moves along.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6