Oct 29, 2010, 1:09 AM EDT
We know you’ve missed the Erick Dampier free agency updates. Almost as much as you’ve missed Erick Dampier. But we have an update and soon you may have Damps to kick around again.
Dampier is close to a deal with the Houston Rockets, according to Hoopsworld. Houston was one of several teams Dampier met with this summer and had been in talks with.
The Rockets have the 24 minutes a night out of Yao Ming and then it is Brad Miller. Damper will bring some quality minutes and better defense behind Yao. Plus if you are the Rockets front office, you have to have a contingency plan in place if Yao can’t go for a stretch.
Dampier played solid if unspectacularly for Dallas last season and is a free agent now after a trade to Charlotte because the Bobcats waived him to save the $13 million he was owed for this season. Whether Dampier signs or decides to drag this out for a little more time off remains to be seen.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17