Oct 29, 2010, 1:09 AM EST
We know you’ve missed the Erick Dampier free agency updates. Almost as much as you’ve missed Erick Dampier. But we have an update and soon you may have Damps to kick around again.
Dampier is close to a deal with the Houston Rockets, according to Hoopsworld. Houston was one of several teams Dampier met with this summer and had been in talks with.
The Rockets have the 24 minutes a night out of Yao Ming and then it is Brad Miller. Damper will bring some quality minutes and better defense behind Yao. Plus if you are the Rockets front office, you have to have a contingency plan in place if Yao can’t go for a stretch.
Dampier played solid if unspectacularly for Dallas last season and is a free agent now after a trade to Charlotte because the Bobcats waived him to save the $13 million he was owed for this season. Whether Dampier signs or decides to drag this out for a little more time off remains to be seen.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9