Oct 29, 2010, 1:09 AM EDT
We know you’ve missed the Erick Dampier free agency updates. Almost as much as you’ve missed Erick Dampier. But we have an update and soon you may have Damps to kick around again.
Dampier is close to a deal with the Houston Rockets, according to Hoopsworld. Houston was one of several teams Dampier met with this summer and had been in talks with.
The Rockets have the 24 minutes a night out of Yao Ming and then it is Brad Miller. Damper will bring some quality minutes and better defense behind Yao. Plus if you are the Rockets front office, you have to have a contingency plan in place if Yao can’t go for a stretch.
Dampier played solid if unspectacularly for Dallas last season and is a free agent now after a trade to Charlotte because the Bobcats waived him to save the $13 million he was owed for this season. Whether Dampier signs or decides to drag this out for a little more time off remains to be seen.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 5
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 40
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 37