Oct 29, 2010, 1:09 AM EDT
We know you’ve missed the Erick Dampier free agency updates. Almost as much as you’ve missed Erick Dampier. But we have an update and soon you may have Damps to kick around again.
Dampier is close to a deal with the Houston Rockets, according to Hoopsworld. Houston was one of several teams Dampier met with this summer and had been in talks with.
The Rockets have the 24 minutes a night out of Yao Ming and then it is Brad Miller. Damper will bring some quality minutes and better defense behind Yao. Plus if you are the Rockets front office, you have to have a contingency plan in place if Yao can’t go for a stretch.
Dampier played solid if unspectacularly for Dallas last season and is a free agent now after a trade to Charlotte because the Bobcats waived him to save the $13 million he was owed for this season. Whether Dampier signs or decides to drag this out for a little more time off remains to be seen.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90