Oct 29, 2010, 1:09 AM EDT
We know you’ve missed the Erick Dampier free agency updates. Almost as much as you’ve missed Erick Dampier. But we have an update and soon you may have Damps to kick around again.
Dampier is close to a deal with the Houston Rockets, according to Hoopsworld. Houston was one of several teams Dampier met with this summer and had been in talks with.
The Rockets have the 24 minutes a night out of Yao Ming and then it is Brad Miller. Damper will bring some quality minutes and better defense behind Yao. Plus if you are the Rockets front office, you have to have a contingency plan in place if Yao can’t go for a stretch.
Dampier played solid if unspectacularly for Dallas last season and is a free agent now after a trade to Charlotte because the Bobcats waived him to save the $13 million he was owed for this season. Whether Dampier signs or decides to drag this out for a little more time off remains to be seen.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37