Oct 29, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
With less than a minute to go in last night’s Orlando blowout of Washington — so long after you tuned out and flipped over to The Office — Jason Williams got ejected.
Williams got one of those quick technicals for showing displeasure with a call, one that happened with his team up 30 points and less than one minute to go in the game. So you know, it was worth getting upset over.
When he got the first he turned and grabbed the arm of referee Tony Brothers. Big no-no there under any rules. He got the second tech right there and you new a suspension was coming.
The league made it official today, Williams will sit out one game without pay. That game will be tonight’s contest against the Heat.
With Jameer Nelson and Chris Duhon getting the majority of point guard minutes anyway, this is no big blow to Orlando.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 19
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 29
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 37
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 32