Oct 29, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
With less than a minute to go in last night’s Orlando blowout of Washington — so long after you tuned out and flipped over to The Office — Jason Williams got ejected.
Williams got one of those quick technicals for showing displeasure with a call, one that happened with his team up 30 points and less than one minute to go in the game. So you know, it was worth getting upset over.
When he got the first he turned and grabbed the arm of referee Tony Brothers. Big no-no there under any rules. He got the second tech right there and you new a suspension was coming.
The league made it official today, Williams will sit out one game without pay. That game will be tonight’s contest against the Heat.
With Jameer Nelson and Chris Duhon getting the majority of point guard minutes anyway, this is no big blow to Orlando.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30