Oct 28, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
We know what you were doing last night, the same thing you do every night — watching Larry King Live. Celebrities and softball questions from a guy older than your dad? Sign me up.
So we’re sure you saw Artest on the show last night launching the raffle to get his ring.
Really the best part of it was this exchange, as transcribed by Mark Medina at the Los Angeles Times Lakers Blog.
“We understand we’ve nearly crashed RonArtest.com,” CNN host Larry King said to Artest, who appeared Wednesday on King’s show. “So we’re going to give you an alternate site. You can go to NetRaffle.org. That’s NetRaffle.org. So we’ve crashed your site. … We have destroyed your site. The site is exploding.”
Replied Ron Ron: “Nobody destroys Ron Artest.”
We’ll be using the “Nobody destroys Ron Artest” meme the rest of the season. Enjoy.
Knowing how much that ring means to Artest shows you how serious he is about raising money for mental illness. Some see this as “the next crazy thing Ron-Ron does” but from here it looks like another big step toward maturity.
Money raised will go to raise awareness and provide mental health support to students, youth in need of psychologists and counselors.
To help, log on to the raffle at Artest’s site, you have to buy at least five $2 tickets. It’s a good cause, which is the real reason to do it.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32