Oct 28, 2010, 11:47 AM EST
We know what you were doing last night, the same thing you do every night — watching Larry King Live. Celebrities and softball questions from a guy older than your dad? Sign me up.
So we’re sure you saw Artest on the show last night launching the raffle to get his ring.
Really the best part of it was this exchange, as transcribed by Mark Medina at the Los Angeles Times Lakers Blog.
“We understand we’ve nearly crashed RonArtest.com,” CNN host Larry King said to Artest, who appeared Wednesday on King’s show. “So we’re going to give you an alternate site. You can go to NetRaffle.org. That’s NetRaffle.org. So we’ve crashed your site. … We have destroyed your site. The site is exploding.”
Replied Ron Ron: “Nobody destroys Ron Artest.”
We’ll be using the “Nobody destroys Ron Artest” meme the rest of the season. Enjoy.
Knowing how much that ring means to Artest shows you how serious he is about raising money for mental illness. Some see this as “the next crazy thing Ron-Ron does” but from here it looks like another big step toward maturity.
Money raised will go to raise awareness and provide mental health support to students, youth in need of psychologists and counselors.
To help, log on to the raffle at Artest’s site, you have to buy at least five $2 tickets. It’s a good cause, which is the real reason to do it.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10