Oct 28, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
We know what you were doing last night, the same thing you do every night — watching Larry King Live. Celebrities and softball questions from a guy older than your dad? Sign me up.
So we’re sure you saw Artest on the show last night launching the raffle to get his ring.
Really the best part of it was this exchange, as transcribed by Mark Medina at the Los Angeles Times Lakers Blog.
“We understand we’ve nearly crashed RonArtest.com,” CNN host Larry King said to Artest, who appeared Wednesday on King’s show. “So we’re going to give you an alternate site. You can go to NetRaffle.org. That’s NetRaffle.org. So we’ve crashed your site. … We have destroyed your site. The site is exploding.”
Replied Ron Ron: “Nobody destroys Ron Artest.”
We’ll be using the “Nobody destroys Ron Artest” meme the rest of the season. Enjoy.
Knowing how much that ring means to Artest shows you how serious he is about raising money for mental illness. Some see this as “the next crazy thing Ron-Ron does” but from here it looks like another big step toward maturity.
Money raised will go to raise awareness and provide mental health support to students, youth in need of psychologists and counselors.
To help, log on to the raffle at Artest’s site, you have to buy at least five $2 tickets. It’s a good cause, which is the real reason to do it.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9