Oct 28, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
We know what you were doing last night, the same thing you do every night — watching Larry King Live. Celebrities and softball questions from a guy older than your dad? Sign me up.
So we’re sure you saw Artest on the show last night launching the raffle to get his ring.
Really the best part of it was this exchange, as transcribed by Mark Medina at the Los Angeles Times Lakers Blog.
“We understand we’ve nearly crashed RonArtest.com,” CNN host Larry King said to Artest, who appeared Wednesday on King’s show. “So we’re going to give you an alternate site. You can go to NetRaffle.org. That’s NetRaffle.org. So we’ve crashed your site. … We have destroyed your site. The site is exploding.”
Replied Ron Ron: “Nobody destroys Ron Artest.”
We’ll be using the “Nobody destroys Ron Artest” meme the rest of the season. Enjoy.
Knowing how much that ring means to Artest shows you how serious he is about raising money for mental illness. Some see this as “the next crazy thing Ron-Ron does” but from here it looks like another big step toward maturity.
Money raised will go to raise awareness and provide mental health support to students, youth in need of psychologists and counselors.
To help, log on to the raffle at Artest’s site, you have to buy at least five $2 tickets. It’s a good cause, which is the real reason to do it.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 3
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 13
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36