Oct 28, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
Martell Webster will be out the next six weeks, give or take, after having undergone surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back this week.
If you recall, Webster was moved out of Portland to Minnesota this summer in a trade for the draft rights to No. 16 pick Luke Babbitt.
It’s a big charge, and one that is petty hard to prove. Especially since Webster played in six preseason games for Minny, and averaged 26 minutes and 12 points per in those games. But they can ask. So the wheels of justice start to turn.
If Minnesota or the league could prove Portland knew Webster was injured they likely would get draft picks as compensations. But we are a long way from that.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8