Oct 28, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
Martell Webster will be out the next six weeks, give or take, after having undergone surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back this week.
If you recall, Webster was moved out of Portland to Minnesota this summer in a trade for the draft rights to No. 16 pick Luke Babbitt.
It’s a big charge, and one that is petty hard to prove. Especially since Webster played in six preseason games for Minny, and averaged 26 minutes and 12 points per in those games. But they can ask. So the wheels of justice start to turn.
If Minnesota or the league could prove Portland knew Webster was injured they likely would get draft picks as compensations. But we are a long way from that.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 6
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 32
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8