Oct 28, 2010, 9:50 AM EST
Martell Webster will be out the next six weeks, give or take, after having undergone surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back this week.
If you recall, Webster was moved out of Portland to Minnesota this summer in a trade for the draft rights to No. 16 pick Luke Babbitt.
It’s a big charge, and one that is petty hard to prove. Especially since Webster played in six preseason games for Minny, and averaged 26 minutes and 12 points per in those games. But they can ask. So the wheels of justice start to turn.
If Minnesota or the league could prove Portland knew Webster was injured they likely would get draft picks as compensations. But we are a long way from that.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18