Oct 28, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
Martell Webster will be out the next six weeks, give or take, after having undergone surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back this week.
If you recall, Webster was moved out of Portland to Minnesota this summer in a trade for the draft rights to No. 16 pick Luke Babbitt.
It’s a big charge, and one that is petty hard to prove. Especially since Webster played in six preseason games for Minny, and averaged 26 minutes and 12 points per in those games. But they can ask. So the wheels of justice start to turn.
If Minnesota or the league could prove Portland knew Webster was injured they likely would get draft picks as compensations. But we are a long way from that.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61