Oct 28, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
Martell Webster will be out the next six weeks, give or take, after having undergone surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back this week.
If you recall, Webster was moved out of Portland to Minnesota this summer in a trade for the draft rights to No. 16 pick Luke Babbitt.
It’s a big charge, and one that is petty hard to prove. Especially since Webster played in six preseason games for Minny, and averaged 26 minutes and 12 points per in those games. But they can ask. So the wheels of justice start to turn.
If Minnesota or the league could prove Portland knew Webster was injured they likely would get draft picks as compensations. But we are a long way from that.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 0
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 6
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7