Oct 28, 2010, 2:57 PM EDT
Matt Bonner had one of those dreaded but inevitable basketball injuries we all fear in the third quarter Wednesday night — went up for a rebound, came down on a teammates foot, rolled his ankle.
Bonner gave the Spurs a solid 17 points and 7 points a game last season, a big with an outside shot who fits well with their system. His minutes will go to Antonio McDyess and ideally Tiago Splitter, if he can get healthy. More McDyess, that is why this is not great for the Spurs.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 6
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 8
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8