Oct 28, 2010, 2:57 PM EDT
Matt Bonner had one of those dreaded but inevitable basketball injuries we all fear in the third quarter Wednesday night — went up for a rebound, came down on a teammates foot, rolled his ankle.
Bonner gave the Spurs a solid 17 points and 7 points a game last season, a big with an outside shot who fits well with their system. His minutes will go to Antonio McDyess and ideally Tiago Splitter, if he can get healthy. More McDyess, that is why this is not great for the Spurs.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 2
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 12
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4