Oct 28, 2010, 2:57 PM EST
Matt Bonner had one of those dreaded but inevitable basketball injuries we all fear in the third quarter Wednesday night — went up for a rebound, came down on a teammates foot, rolled his ankle.
Bonner gave the Spurs a solid 17 points and 7 points a game last season, a big with an outside shot who fits well with their system. His minutes will go to Antonio McDyess and ideally Tiago Splitter, if he can get healthy. More McDyess, that is why this is not great for the Spurs.
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 0
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 4
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8