Oct 28, 2010, 2:57 PM EDT
Matt Bonner had one of those dreaded but inevitable basketball injuries we all fear in the third quarter Wednesday night — went up for a rebound, came down on a teammates foot, rolled his ankle.
Bonner gave the Spurs a solid 17 points and 7 points a game last season, a big with an outside shot who fits well with their system. His minutes will go to Antonio McDyess and ideally Tiago Splitter, if he can get healthy. More McDyess, that is why this is not great for the Spurs.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27