Oct 28, 2010, 2:57 PM EST
Matt Bonner had one of those dreaded but inevitable basketball injuries we all fear in the third quarter Wednesday night — went up for a rebound, came down on a teammates foot, rolled his ankle.
Bonner gave the Spurs a solid 17 points and 7 points a game last season, a big with an outside shot who fits well with their system. His minutes will go to Antonio McDyess and ideally Tiago Splitter, if he can get healthy. More McDyess, that is why this is not great for the Spurs.
- Bobcats lose Jeffery Taylor for season with ruptured Achilles 0
- Carmelo Anthony after latest home loss to Grizzlies: ‘I think it’s in our heads’ 13
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 27
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 12
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (71)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now (45)