Oct 28, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Want to play on the front line for the Memphis Grizzlies?
They may well be pulling people out of the stands on Friday night — Marc Gasol and now Zach Randolph are out for the game, according to the Commercial Appeal.
Randolph bruised his tailbone on a fall in the first quarter of the team’s opener and against Atlanta and is now out for the game Friday night in Dallas. He is listed as day-to-day but could miss more.
Marc Gasol has a sprained ankle that kept him out of the opener and now this.
That means Hasheem Thabeet and Darrell Arthur will start up front for the Grizzlies. Arthur played well in the opener, but now he gets Dirk Nowitzki as an assignment. Plus, the Grizzlies lack depth up front going against one of the deepest lineups in the NBA.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 23
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 22
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2