Oct 28, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Want to play on the front line for the Memphis Grizzlies?
They may well be pulling people out of the stands on Friday night — Marc Gasol and now Zach Randolph are out for the game, according to the Commercial Appeal.
Randolph bruised his tailbone on a fall in the first quarter of the team’s opener and against Atlanta and is now out for the game Friday night in Dallas. He is listed as day-to-day but could miss more.
Marc Gasol has a sprained ankle that kept him out of the opener and now this.
That means Hasheem Thabeet and Darrell Arthur will start up front for the Grizzlies. Arthur played well in the opener, but now he gets Dirk Nowitzki as an assignment. Plus, the Grizzlies lack depth up front going against one of the deepest lineups in the NBA.
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 10
- Carmelo Anthony confirms Phil Jackson “will be coming on board” with Knicks 14
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 27
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 17