Oct 28, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Want to play on the front line for the Memphis Grizzlies?
They may well be pulling people out of the stands on Friday night — Marc Gasol and now Zach Randolph are out for the game, according to the Commercial Appeal.
Randolph bruised his tailbone on a fall in the first quarter of the team’s opener and against Atlanta and is now out for the game Friday night in Dallas. He is listed as day-to-day but could miss more.
Marc Gasol has a sprained ankle that kept him out of the opener and now this.
That means Hasheem Thabeet and Darrell Arthur will start up front for the Grizzlies. Arthur played well in the opener, but now he gets Dirk Nowitzki as an assignment. Plus, the Grizzlies lack depth up front going against one of the deepest lineups in the NBA.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7