Oct 28, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Want to play on the front line for the Memphis Grizzlies?
They may well be pulling people out of the stands on Friday night — Marc Gasol and now Zach Randolph are out for the game, according to the Commercial Appeal.
Randolph bruised his tailbone on a fall in the first quarter of the team’s opener and against Atlanta and is now out for the game Friday night in Dallas. He is listed as day-to-day but could miss more.
Marc Gasol has a sprained ankle that kept him out of the opener and now this.
That means Hasheem Thabeet and Darrell Arthur will start up front for the Grizzlies. Arthur played well in the opener, but now he gets Dirk Nowitzki as an assignment. Plus, the Grizzlies lack depth up front going against one of the deepest lineups in the NBA.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 18
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 15
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 13
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20