Oct 27, 2010, 12:08 PM EST
Tracy McGrady has had a couple of knee surgeries and played a limited amount of basketball in the last few years. It looked it in the preseason — he played in one of the team’s eight games, and just eight minutes in that. He missed practices due to “tired legs.”
The question really is: Was he going to play that much anyway?
Hard to see how or why. The Pistons have plenty of wing players who can do that job better, why rob Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton or even Ben Gordon of minutes to play McGrady? At least while the game is in doubt.
Anyway the limit is there. Thought you should know.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 17
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 18
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30