Oct 27, 2010, 12:08 PM EST
Tracy McGrady has had a couple of knee surgeries and played a limited amount of basketball in the last few years. It looked it in the preseason — he played in one of the team’s eight games, and just eight minutes in that. He missed practices due to “tired legs.”
The question really is: Was he going to play that much anyway?
Hard to see how or why. The Pistons have plenty of wing players who can do that job better, why rob Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton or even Ben Gordon of minutes to play McGrady? At least while the game is in doubt.
Anyway the limit is there. Thought you should know.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14