Oct 27, 2010, 12:08 PM EST
Tracy McGrady has had a couple of knee surgeries and played a limited amount of basketball in the last few years. It looked it in the preseason — he played in one of the team’s eight games, and just eight minutes in that. He missed practices due to “tired legs.”
The question really is: Was he going to play that much anyway?
Hard to see how or why. The Pistons have plenty of wing players who can do that job better, why rob Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton or even Ben Gordon of minutes to play McGrady? At least while the game is in doubt.
Anyway the limit is there. Thought you should know.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 7
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5