Oct 27, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Last season the Minnesota Timberwolves were Jonny Flynn’s team.
Right now they are Luke Ridnour’s. Well, they should be Kevin Love’s but as Ridnour brings the ball up the court, it is he who decides who gets the rock. Ergo, his team.
Flynn has hip surgery this summer but was back on the court Tuesday for a limited practice, according to the Pioneer Press. Flynn plans to be playing by the middle of next month.
“I was told that everything has healed correctly, but I still want to take it slow,” Flynn said. “I still have to listen to my body and be cautious.”
Flynn may eventually challenge for the starting job. But either way, the Wolves should have better point guard depth this year. Which is great, but they need to get Love the ball more and shoot less themselves. Flynn? You hear that?
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32