Oct 27, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Last season the Minnesota Timberwolves were Jonny Flynn’s team.
Right now they are Luke Ridnour’s. Well, they should be Kevin Love’s but as Ridnour brings the ball up the court, it is he who decides who gets the rock. Ergo, his team.
Flynn has hip surgery this summer but was back on the court Tuesday for a limited practice, according to the Pioneer Press. Flynn plans to be playing by the middle of next month.
“I was told that everything has healed correctly, but I still want to take it slow,” Flynn said. “I still have to listen to my body and be cautious.”
Flynn may eventually challenge for the starting job. But either way, the Wolves should have better point guard depth this year. Which is great, but they need to get Love the ball more and shoot less themselves. Flynn? You hear that?
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 8
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11