Oct 27, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Last season the Minnesota Timberwolves were Jonny Flynn’s team.
Right now they are Luke Ridnour’s. Well, they should be Kevin Love’s but as Ridnour brings the ball up the court, it is he who decides who gets the rock. Ergo, his team.
Flynn has hip surgery this summer but was back on the court Tuesday for a limited practice, according to the Pioneer Press. Flynn plans to be playing by the middle of next month.
“I was told that everything has healed correctly, but I still want to take it slow,” Flynn said. “I still have to listen to my body and be cautious.”
Flynn may eventually challenge for the starting job. But either way, the Wolves should have better point guard depth this year. Which is great, but they need to get Love the ball more and shoot less themselves. Flynn? You hear that?
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23