Oct 27, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Last season the Minnesota Timberwolves were Jonny Flynn’s team.
Right now they are Luke Ridnour’s. Well, they should be Kevin Love’s but as Ridnour brings the ball up the court, it is he who decides who gets the rock. Ergo, his team.
Flynn has hip surgery this summer but was back on the court Tuesday for a limited practice, according to the Pioneer Press. Flynn plans to be playing by the middle of next month.
“I was told that everything has healed correctly, but I still want to take it slow,” Flynn said. “I still have to listen to my body and be cautious.”
Flynn may eventually challenge for the starting job. But either way, the Wolves should have better point guard depth this year. Which is great, but they need to get Love the ball more and shoot less themselves. Flynn? You hear that?
- Report: Heat and Cavaliers expect decision before LeBron James leaves for Sunday’s World Cup final 43
- Reports: Carmelo Anthony unsure on Knicks, can’t get the Bulls out of his head 49
- Phil Jackson says he has not heard from Carmelo, has tried to recruit Gasol 34
- With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade? 19
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 80
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 46
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 43
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 86