Oct 27, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Last season the Minnesota Timberwolves were Jonny Flynn’s team.
Right now they are Luke Ridnour’s. Well, they should be Kevin Love’s but as Ridnour brings the ball up the court, it is he who decides who gets the rock. Ergo, his team.
Flynn has hip surgery this summer but was back on the court Tuesday for a limited practice, according to the Pioneer Press. Flynn plans to be playing by the middle of next month.
“I was told that everything has healed correctly, but I still want to take it slow,” Flynn said. “I still have to listen to my body and be cautious.”
Flynn may eventually challenge for the starting job. But either way, the Wolves should have better point guard depth this year. Which is great, but they need to get Love the ball more and shoot less themselves. Flynn? You hear that?
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 9
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 10
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 20
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 35
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 14