Oct 27, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Nobody knows more about NBA championship rings than Phil Jackson. He’s got 11 of them, he even designed one (the last title of the Shaq/Kobe three-peat).
And he’s not a huge fan. Except when he is.
“They’re unwearable. And I always think they’re something that should be able to be worn.
“But seeing as Dr. Buss designed this one I think it’s terrific.”
Unwearable. Terrific. There are a lot of words one could use to describe the ring itself. Gaudy would work — two replicas of the Larry O’Brien trophy made of 16 Kt gold, and 16 oversized diamonds. Each players face is engraved on the ring with a 3D technology.
The coolest touch — every ring has a piece of a Game 7 used ball in it. Visible only when the ring is off, but you can see it.
That is sweet. Not that it makes the ring wearable. But no Laker is going to trade it… well, except for Artest.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48