Oct 27, 2010, 9:04 PM EDT
Tough start for the Memphis Grizzlies — starting center Marc Gasol missed the start due to a sprained ankle.
The good news is that an MRI of the ankle showed no serious damage, he should be back soon.
That sounded like trouble because it meant Darrell Arthur had to start against Al Horford and the very athletic front line of the Atlanta Hawks. So how does that go? Horford is 0-1 early in the game while Arthur scores a quick 13 points on 6-of-7 shooting. However, the Hawks still jumped out to an early lead.
No word on when Gasol will return to the lineup, but it sounds more day-to-day now.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20