Oct 27, 2010, 9:04 PM EDT
Tough start for the Memphis Grizzlies — starting center Marc Gasol missed the start due to a sprained ankle.
The good news is that an MRI of the ankle showed no serious damage, he should be back soon.
That sounded like trouble because it meant Darrell Arthur had to start against Al Horford and the very athletic front line of the Atlanta Hawks. So how does that go? Horford is 0-1 early in the game while Arthur scores a quick 13 points on 6-of-7 shooting. However, the Hawks still jumped out to an early lead.
No word on when Gasol will return to the lineup, but it sounds more day-to-day now.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8