Oct 27, 2010, 9:04 PM EDT
Tough start for the Memphis Grizzlies — starting center Marc Gasol missed the start due to a sprained ankle.
The good news is that an MRI of the ankle showed no serious damage, he should be back soon.
That sounded like trouble because it meant Darrell Arthur had to start against Al Horford and the very athletic front line of the Atlanta Hawks. So how does that go? Horford is 0-1 early in the game while Arthur scores a quick 13 points on 6-of-7 shooting. However, the Hawks still jumped out to an early lead.
No word on when Gasol will return to the lineup, but it sounds more day-to-day now.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90