Oct 27, 2010, 9:04 PM EST
Tough start for the Memphis Grizzlies — starting center Marc Gasol missed the start due to a sprained ankle.
The good news is that an MRI of the ankle showed no serious damage, he should be back soon.
That sounded like trouble because it meant Darrell Arthur had to start against Al Horford and the very athletic front line of the Atlanta Hawks. So how does that go? Horford is 0-1 early in the game while Arthur scores a quick 13 points on 6-of-7 shooting. However, the Hawks still jumped out to an early lead.
No word on when Gasol will return to the lineup, but it sounds more day-to-day now.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 2
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12