Oct 27, 2010, 9:04 PM EDT
Tough start for the Memphis Grizzlies — starting center Marc Gasol missed the start due to a sprained ankle.
The good news is that an MRI of the ankle showed no serious damage, he should be back soon.
That sounded like trouble because it meant Darrell Arthur had to start against Al Horford and the very athletic front line of the Atlanta Hawks. So how does that go? Horford is 0-1 early in the game while Arthur scores a quick 13 points on 6-of-7 shooting. However, the Hawks still jumped out to an early lead.
No word on when Gasol will return to the lineup, but it sounds more day-to-day now.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18