Oct 27, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
What was LeBron listening to in his LeBron Power Beats by Dre on the bus back to the hotel after an opening night loss? A little Wiz Khalifa, some J. Cole, some Jazmine Sullivan.
His playlist right now is just one of the tidbits on LeBronJames.com, which relaunched officially this week — not so coincidentally just in time for the start of the season.
It’s a slick Web site that feels a little more personal than say Kobe’s site. You can see photos from James’ cell phone (like him with Don Johnson), see what music he is listening to, talk about fashion, read a bio of him (with the sign for his home town being Akron).
Oh, and basketball. There is a Miami Heat section of the site as well. One where they ask him his game plan for the season opener in Boston and he responds, “I have one game plan and that is to win an NBA championship.” That might have been the problem.
This is another step, along with Nike commercials, in the effort to rehab hits to LeBron’s image after “The Decision.”
But only winning will ultimately do that. We as a nation forgive winners. Ask Kobe or look at countless other athletes dating back to Babe Ruth — win and your flaws are overlooked.
The Web site is a nice step for LeBron. But it’s not the important one.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29