Oct 27, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
What was LeBron listening to in his LeBron Power Beats by Dre on the bus back to the hotel after an opening night loss? A little Wiz Khalifa, some J. Cole, some Jazmine Sullivan.
His playlist right now is just one of the tidbits on LeBronJames.com, which relaunched officially this week — not so coincidentally just in time for the start of the season.
It’s a slick Web site that feels a little more personal than say Kobe’s site. You can see photos from James’ cell phone (like him with Don Johnson), see what music he is listening to, talk about fashion, read a bio of him (with the sign for his home town being Akron).
Oh, and basketball. There is a Miami Heat section of the site as well. One where they ask him his game plan for the season opener in Boston and he responds, “I have one game plan and that is to win an NBA championship.” That might have been the problem.
This is another step, along with Nike commercials, in the effort to rehab hits to LeBron’s image after “The Decision.”
But only winning will ultimately do that. We as a nation forgive winners. Ask Kobe or look at countless other athletes dating back to Babe Ruth — win and your flaws are overlooked.
The Web site is a nice step for LeBron. But it’s not the important one.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 41
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31