Oct 27, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ sprained ankle is not getting better — he was walking around in a protective boot Wednesday — and he will miss the first two Wizards games. At least.
That according to a tweet from Michael Lee of the Washington Post. Arenas is going to see a doctor to see if anything more serious is going on, after he had missed four days of practice (counting Wednesday) due to the ankle.
The Wizards open Thursday night in Orlando and play Saturday in Atlanta. Which means it could be next Tuesday and the Wizards home opener that Arenas would finally get suit up for the team again.
Arenas missed 50 games last season due to a suspension after bringing guns into the Wizards locker room, an incident that also led to legal issues.
Arenas absence will likely mean more minutes for Nick Young, the guy Arenas tried to help out by faking an injury so Arenas sat during preseason game. Arenas played in four of the seven Wizards preseason games, due to injuries real and imagined.
On the court this preseason Arenas had seemed to blend with John Wall, the rookie point guard that has become the cornerstone of the franchise and its future plans. A role Arenas used to have.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record