Oct 27, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ sprained ankle is not getting better — he was walking around in a protective boot Wednesday — and he will miss the first two Wizards games. At least.
That according to a tweet from Michael Lee of the Washington Post. Arenas is going to see a doctor to see if anything more serious is going on, after he had missed four days of practice (counting Wednesday) due to the ankle.
The Wizards open Thursday night in Orlando and play Saturday in Atlanta. Which means it could be next Tuesday and the Wizards home opener that Arenas would finally get suit up for the team again.
Arenas missed 50 games last season due to a suspension after bringing guns into the Wizards locker room, an incident that also led to legal issues.
Arenas absence will likely mean more minutes for Nick Young, the guy Arenas tried to help out by faking an injury so Arenas sat during preseason game. Arenas played in four of the seven Wizards preseason games, due to injuries real and imagined.
On the court this preseason Arenas had seemed to blend with John Wall, the rookie point guard that has become the cornerstone of the franchise and its future plans. A role Arenas used to have.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11