Oct 27, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ sprained ankle is not getting better — he was walking around in a protective boot Wednesday — and he will miss the first two Wizards games. At least.
That according to a tweet from Michael Lee of the Washington Post. Arenas is going to see a doctor to see if anything more serious is going on, after he had missed four days of practice (counting Wednesday) due to the ankle.
The Wizards open Thursday night in Orlando and play Saturday in Atlanta. Which means it could be next Tuesday and the Wizards home opener that Arenas would finally get suit up for the team again.
Arenas missed 50 games last season due to a suspension after bringing guns into the Wizards locker room, an incident that also led to legal issues.
Arenas absence will likely mean more minutes for Nick Young, the guy Arenas tried to help out by faking an injury so Arenas sat during preseason game. Arenas played in four of the seven Wizards preseason games, due to injuries real and imagined.
On the court this preseason Arenas had seemed to blend with John Wall, the rookie point guard that has become the cornerstone of the franchise and its future plans. A role Arenas used to have.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 0
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32