Oct 27, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
Byron Scott made the smart move — he started J.J. Hickson at power forward for the Cleveland Cavaliers Wednesday night. It’s smart because the Cavaliers are building for the future, and Hickson is young and needs the experience. It’s smart because the Cavaliers want to run and Hickson is maybe the best athlete on the team.
That doesn’t mean Antawn Jamison has to like it.
The veteran who was brought in to blend with LeBron James is now a sixth man with James gone. Frankly, he probably should have been anyway (remember LeBron asking for more Hickson run during the playoffs last season).
But Jamison told the News Herald now he didn’t understand what was expected of him.
“It is what it is,” he said. “I don’t know what the role is going to (entail). I don’t know how many minutes I’ll play. I’m up in the air, just like you.”
Your job is to come in and play your game, not take 10 minutes to find your rhythm. Bring a scoring punch off the bench.
For the record, in the season opener tonight against Boston (as of this post) Hickson had a team high 14 first half points on 6-of-8 shooting and was a +6. Jamison was 0-for-1 in his 7 minutes, no points and a -7.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay