Oct 26, 2010, 8:16 AM EDT
Whiskey Tango All-American Bar & Grill may serve my favorite drink tonight.
That is, if you think the Celtics can beat the Heat tonight. See Whisky Tango in Hollywood, Fla., is paying for your bar tab every time the Heat lose (via FanHouse). From the Web site of the tavern.
“When you come to watch a Heat game, sign in with your server a half an hour before tip off. You have to stay for the whole game. If the Heat lose (which we doubt!), we will pay your tab, up to $25.00 per person, individual tabs only. This promotion is for regular season, not preseason.”
So you have to register with the waitress 30 minutes before the game and sit in a bar for two-and-a-half hours? If you’re drinking domestic, $25 can get you a ways. If you’re drinking something good, well, $25 off the bill beats paying the whole thing.
If the Heat lose. Which is not going to be that often. They aren’t going to win 72, but they are a team well built for the regular season, they are going to win a lot of games. The bar is not going to lose a lot of money. But we’re very supportive of the people that try to make them pay.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 9
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 5
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save