Oct 26, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
And now we have reached what we can only hope is the nadir of the LeBron James hatred. It’s probably not. Probably not close. Sadly. But we can hope.
Cursing him as punishment for living up to his contract then exercising free will and choosing to go elsewhere.
Look, I get it, this was handled very poorly. Frankly, Carmelo Anthony is being fairer to Denver — he has made it clear he is leaving and Denver can decide how to handle this, rather than finding out on a national television show and getting nothing in return for the superstar. There is no good way for a star to leave a team, but some are better than others.
But seriously, a witch doctor? That’s what we’ve come to? Besides, it’s not going to work. You know the only way to get the gods angry enough to punish James is if he steals Jobu’s rum, right?
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8