Oct 26, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
And now we have reached what we can only hope is the nadir of the LeBron James hatred. It’s probably not. Probably not close. Sadly. But we can hope.
Cursing him as punishment for living up to his contract then exercising free will and choosing to go elsewhere.
Look, I get it, this was handled very poorly. Frankly, Carmelo Anthony is being fairer to Denver — he has made it clear he is leaving and Denver can decide how to handle this, rather than finding out on a national television show and getting nothing in return for the superstar. There is no good way for a star to leave a team, but some are better than others.
But seriously, a witch doctor? That’s what we’ve come to? Besides, it’s not going to work. You know the only way to get the gods angry enough to punish James is if he steals Jobu’s rum, right?
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 9
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 32
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17