Oct 26, 2010, 4:56 PM EST
And now we have reached what we can only hope is the nadir of the LeBron James hatred. It’s probably not. Probably not close. Sadly. But we can hope.
Cursing him as punishment for living up to his contract then exercising free will and choosing to go elsewhere.
Look, I get it, this was handled very poorly. Frankly, Carmelo Anthony is being fairer to Denver — he has made it clear he is leaving and Denver can decide how to handle this, rather than finding out on a national television show and getting nothing in return for the superstar. There is no good way for a star to leave a team, but some are better than others.
But seriously, a witch doctor? That’s what we’ve come to? Besides, it’s not going to work. You know the only way to get the gods angry enough to punish James is if he steals Jobu’s rum, right?
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10