Oct 26, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
And now we have reached what we can only hope is the nadir of the LeBron James hatred. It’s probably not. Probably not close. Sadly. But we can hope.
Cursing him as punishment for living up to his contract then exercising free will and choosing to go elsewhere.
Look, I get it, this was handled very poorly. Frankly, Carmelo Anthony is being fairer to Denver — he has made it clear he is leaving and Denver can decide how to handle this, rather than finding out on a national television show and getting nothing in return for the superstar. There is no good way for a star to leave a team, but some are better than others.
But seriously, a witch doctor? That’s what we’ve come to? Besides, it’s not going to work. You know the only way to get the gods angry enough to punish James is if he steals Jobu’s rum, right?
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14