Oct 26, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
And now we have reached what we can only hope is the nadir of the LeBron James hatred. It’s probably not. Probably not close. Sadly. But we can hope.
Cursing him as punishment for living up to his contract then exercising free will and choosing to go elsewhere.
Look, I get it, this was handled very poorly. Frankly, Carmelo Anthony is being fairer to Denver — he has made it clear he is leaving and Denver can decide how to handle this, rather than finding out on a national television show and getting nothing in return for the superstar. There is no good way for a star to leave a team, but some are better than others.
But seriously, a witch doctor? That’s what we’ve come to? Besides, it’s not going to work. You know the only way to get the gods angry enough to punish James is if he steals Jobu’s rum, right?
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14