Oct 26, 2010, 5:49 PM EDT
It’s just not a good day for the Knicks.
The latest news is that Anthony Randolph will not be coming off the bench for them opening night (Wednesday) after spraining an ankle, and that starting center Timofey Mozgov is questionable after injuring his hip in practice. (Both notes via the twitter account of Howard Beck at the New York Times)
Anthony injured his left ankle in practice and that led to concern — an injury to that ankle is what kept him out more than half of last season. X-rays, however, came back negative. Still, he will not play in Toronto Wednesday.
Mozgov also fell during practice after bruising his left hip. It is not serious, he’ll probably play, but officially he is a game time decision.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 51
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 31