Oct 26, 2010, 5:49 PM EDT
It’s just not a good day for the Knicks.
The latest news is that Anthony Randolph will not be coming off the bench for them opening night (Wednesday) after spraining an ankle, and that starting center Timofey Mozgov is questionable after injuring his hip in practice. (Both notes via the twitter account of Howard Beck at the New York Times)
Anthony injured his left ankle in practice and that led to concern — an injury to that ankle is what kept him out more than half of last season. X-rays, however, came back negative. Still, he will not play in Toronto Wednesday.
Mozgov also fell during practice after bruising his left hip. It is not serious, he’ll probably play, but officially he is a game time decision.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 0
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 29
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 5
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2