Oct 26, 2010, 5:49 PM EDT
It’s just not a good day for the Knicks.
The latest news is that Anthony Randolph will not be coming off the bench for them opening night (Wednesday) after spraining an ankle, and that starting center Timofey Mozgov is questionable after injuring his hip in practice. (Both notes via the twitter account of Howard Beck at the New York Times)
Anthony injured his left ankle in practice and that led to concern — an injury to that ankle is what kept him out more than half of last season. X-rays, however, came back negative. Still, he will not play in Toronto Wednesday.
Mozgov also fell during practice after bruising his left hip. It is not serious, he’ll probably play, but officially he is a game time decision.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13